01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ANPR issue

EddieP

Hi
my customer has reported an issue where the camera doesn't always record Vehicles entering and leaving normally the later.
the other thing ive noticed is , when you and group of cars quite close it repeats the middle number plate even when you can see the correct number plate.
the camera in place is
Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS
i'm assuming that it could be a case of tweaking something .

Regards
Eddie

Hi,
HikVision's ANPR cameras work remarkably well for their price point.
Ideally, you'd dedicate one camera to one lane of traffic, and you would aim to capture front plates (simply, they are cleaner).

You have the optical zoom to play with first - framing the vehicles/plates to provide the best possible view, to enable the camera the best opportunity to capture and read the number plate.

Then there are the adjustments you can make within the camera's config settings to optimise it:
How to set up Hikvision ANPR

As ever, make sure you are running the latest camera firmware - currently V5.4.5.

My ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P works well after lots of tweaking but sometimes it will only grab front plates, Im currently running firmware version V5.4.5 build 170710.
After the recent europortal update its very confusing trying to check if I have the latest version. Any help here?

Hi,

I received this earlier today:
  • ANPR 4X26/P series camera V5.4.7 build180309 has been released, please see the notes attached. The key feature has shown as follows: Newly add DS-2CD4526FWD-IZH/P (2.8-12mm) model, please see notes attached. Note: Dome bubble will affect the accuracy rate when get dust or raindrop. We recommend bullet models for better accuracy rate. Integrate HIKVISON Europe general algorithm library. Add Entrance/Exit mode optional. Support set capture trigger line. Support configure Country/Region. The total number of White/Black list is extended to 10000. For more details, please refer to attached release note.
Hopefully it will appear here in their portal soon:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Thanks Phil, I received the same newsletter. I'll keep checking the portal for the new update. Thank you.

Hi,
DS-2 CD4A26FWD-IZ/P 8- ANPR camera captures license plate but the plate details listed is missing the alphabets and only has figures. eg. for the plate number AWX 4523, the listing doesn't list AWX and only numbers are displayed. While the license plate "picture" is alright with everything captured. Appreciate, if anyone can advise how to fix this.

DS-2 CD4A26FWD-IZ/P 8- ANPR camera captures license plate but the plate details listed is missing the alphabets and only has figures. eg. for the plate number AWX 4523, the listing doesn't list AWX and only numbers are displayed. While the license plate "picture" is alright with everything captured. Appreciate, if anyone can advise how to fix this.

Have you read the ANPR setup guide on this forum? It’s very good.
My setup is not ideal as looking down onto traffic and lens set at its widest but I still get a hit on vehicles.
My exposure is 1/200 with gain set at 100% and WDR at 100. I’ve tinkered around with settings to make it a surveillance & ANPR camera.
Sorry if this doesn’t answer your question.

Attachments

• BFB36B70-3FD4-4AAB-BEC8-9241A8D11695.jpeg
    BFB36B70-3FD4-4AAB-BEC8-9241A8D11695.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,301
I use this firmware on DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P but I got problem with export black white list. Any idea what is wrong?
There is one more column: "Expiry Date".

Back