01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Bugs and there Excuses.

Antonyr123

So Had a problem with Patrol freezing on DS-2DF8223I-AELW.
So being as im updating my network and it had the factory Firmware from 2018.
I upgraded it.

Then camera just disappeared from the NVR, No GUI and Not showing in Sadp

Any ideas please :)

Last edited:

support.uk​

15:21 (8 minutes ago)
to me

Hi Anthony,
we do not support end-users directly on any Hikvision product range as they are trade-rated products and not to be sold to the public.

Third of all, we did not provide the firmware, you could have easily found a random firmware online and tried to apply it causing the device to brick so it is not a fault of ours nor is it a fault of our product and certainly not necessarily a fault of the firmware if the firmware was either incorrect or incorrectly uploaded.

In addition, if you have any technical issues in the future and have decided to take it upon yourself to rectify any issues instead of hiring a professional installer or engineer.

Ok, So if Hickvision is not be sold to the public/End user. Only Trade and installers..
Why is there loads of sites selling them ?

Ok, So if Hickvision is not be sold to the public/End user. Only Trade and installers..
Why is there loads of sites selling them ?
They shouldn't be unless they are approved. That should be checked before purchase. If the supplier you purchased from will not provide you with support, it is likely that they are not an approved distributor/reseller. A lot of online sites are selling Hikvision Hilook (more a consumer level product), others require you to first open a trade account and provide information to prove you are a professional installer.

So being as im updating my network and it had the factory Firmware from 2018.
I upgraded it.
If there have been multiple updates to that model (it's likely if it was on original 2018 firmware), it's important to upgrade through several versions (where the middle number in the firmware file has changed). Otherwise it can lead to issues/failure.

Third of all, we did not provide the firmware, you could have easily found a random firmware online and tried to apply it causing the device to brick so it is not a fault of ours nor is it a fault of our product and certainly not necessarily a fault of the firmware if the firmware was either incorrect or incorrectly uploaded.

I have to agree with Hikvision there. It's possible you have skipped one or more versions in the upgrade path and that you could have selected the wrong file from the portal. Some online sellers may be providing models that are intended for another region that were not meant for this market - Chinese grey imports. Loading UK firmware on one of those models will likely brick it.

It was a UK Supplied camera. They wouldn't of password reset it otherwise. So its not imported.
i had no idea hikvision gave you 5 Firmware you have to do 5 updates.. This is not how normal firmware works i use to program epprom everyday for 2 years for Asus before i become a cyber security administrator.
The Link used was from another post about the same issue i had and link was provide by a staff member, i looked up the firmware myself and it seemed to match.
Maybe next time ill take the risk and do 5-6 firmware updates. Not sure that is less risky. There should be interrupts for issues like that.

It was a UK Supplied camera. They wouldn't of password reset it otherwise. So its not imported.
i had no idea hikvision gave you 5 Firmware you have to do 5 updates.. This is not how normal firmware works i use to program epprom everyday for 2 years for Asus before i become a cyber security administrator.
The Link used was from another post about the same issue i had and link was provide by a staff member, i looked up the firmware myself and it seemed to match.
Maybe next time ill take the risk and do 5-6 firmware updates. Not sure that is less risky. There should be interrupts for issues like that.
You don't need to load all files. But let's say you're on 5.2.xxx and the latest is 5.6.xxx. If available, you should load just one of the available 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 versions (doesn't matter which). There was one PTZ dome I had to upgrade earlier this year where it was essential to load a specific revision before the up to date file. In that case there was a .txt file on the portal with a warning that it could brick otherwise.

I did IPD_R3_EN_STD_V5.5.2_Build171201
Via Internet Explorer, went to 100% shut down. The wiper blade went across and it just boot looped :(

I did IPD_R3_EN_STD_V5.5.2_Build171201
Via Internet Explorer, went to 100% shut down. The wiper blade went across and it just boot looped :(
Unusual...How is the camera powered?
Was being Powered By a Very Good Netgear POE++ switch.
I was just typing to ask that as your message came through. Does the Netgear Switch meet the required spec? I'd be tempted to try a dedicated power supply.

So seems like my only options are Serial flash or Find someone else who would do a eeprom dump maybe ?

Im gonna try again to recover on a old laptop. I wonder if Windows 11 new security is stopping me accessing the camera via TFTP

Back