01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision (C) series cameras - I can't find the gain settings?

eth

I am (was) a big fan of the DS-2CD2047G2 cameras. Amazing quality in both day and night time in 2K (even better than in the 4K version).
However, I just received their new C version, and what can I say - oh, man, it sucks so bad.

The "Gain" settings are completely gone now (which used to let me fine-tune the image for the night environment):
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.50.00.jpg

WDR is broken too.

This is WDR 40%:
wdr-40.jpg

And this is WDR 41%:
wdr-41.jpg

Basically, there is no way to fine-tune the WDR anymore. It's either OFF or ON.

And this is on the latest firmware - V5.7.12 build 221201.
At this point I am ready to jump ship and just switch to Dahua.

Solution
The "Gain" settings are completely gone now (which used to let me fine-tune the image for the night environment):
Gain is still there but as always it's only available in 'Day' mode:

Config > Image > Display > Day/Night Switch - Change Auto to Day
Config > Image > Display > Exposure Settings - Adjust Gain as required

The older cameras (certainly the G1 hardware models) always defaulted to Day so that the Gain setting was visible.

PS: Where is that camera located? It looks a whole lot prettier than the UK right now!

The older cameras (certainly the G1 hardware models) always defaulted to Day so that the Gain setting was visible.

PS: Where is that camera located? It looks a whole lot prettier than the UK right now!

Upvote 1
Solution

Good evening.

I had subscribed to this thread, because I found the question interesting. I have two cameras that are almost identical, the DS-2CD2087G2-L and the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL. The first one I am using in a weather station, and the second one I have under my house.

In both of them, I had used the day/night switch setting, but I had never used the exposure gain setting in the weather camera, and I have found another setting in which I can appreciate much better all the light material in the universe, in the low light setting. Thank you!

Not being an expert, I am slowly finding my way around the camera.

Upvote 0
Thank you for bringing the Gain back into my life.
This is in Thailand. 24/7 live webcam actually:
Very nice - makes me want to back there. Quite a few years since I visited Koh Phangan while on holiday at Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui

Upvote 0
Back