01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision camera fault

mrjonesss

Hi all. I've had this issue for the last few years. Had a burglary a few nights ago now I'm frantically trying to sort this camera out. I'm currently in work so just getting this thread started. When I get home later I can get all the specific details and serial numbers if needed.

I have a 4k 4channel NVR with 2x 4k turrets and 2x 1080p turrets. All cameras work, besides one of the 4k cameras. It will work for a few hours then will go offline for days. Sometimes it will randomly come back online for a few hours or days then back off for a while. I've terminated the cable a few times over the years (I'm a domestic electrician). But still no luck. Has anyone had this issue before? Thanks

Hi @mrjonesss

When you can, can you please confirm the model numbers for the NVR and cameras?

If the 8MP cameras are newer AcuSense/ColorVu cameras then it could potentially be a bandwidth issue as the 4-ch Hikvision NVRs usually don't have enough bandwidth to manage multiple 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras (especially not if there are other non-8MP cameras also connected to the NVR).

Hi @mrjonesss

When you can, can you please confirm the model numbers for the NVR and cameras?

If the 8MP cameras are newer AcuSense/ColorVu cameras then it could potentially be a bandwidth issue as the 4-ch Hikvision NVRs usually don't have enough bandwidth to manage multiple 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras (especially not if there are other non-8MP cameras also connected to the NVR).
I will as soon as I'm home! Thanks for that info. But when I first bought the kit in 2019, I only plugged in the one 4k camera for about a year and I was having the same issue with nothing else connected. It's starting to make me think that it's a faulty camera. If that's the case I will be so disappointed that I didn't try fix all this sooner as I doubt there is any warranty left

Hi @mrjonesss

If this one camera has been playing up for years then it probably is more likely a fault with the camera, but please do confirm the model number and the current firmware of that camera because very old firmware can also cause weird, glitch behaviour.

Hi @mrjonesss

If this one camera has been playing up for years then it probably is more likely a fault with the camera, but please do confirm the model number and the current firmware of that camera because very old firmware can also cause weird, glitch behaviour.
Thanks
NVR - DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). Firmware - V4.30.085 build 210409.
How do I find the details of the cameras? Thanks

Thanks @mrjonesss

The latest firmware for the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) is V4.30.096_build221220

Are the cameras plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR or are they connected over the local network using a separate PoE Switch/Injector?

Okay,

You'll need to enable Virtual Host in the NVRs settings which creates virtual links to log in to each directly connected camera.

Okay,

You'll need to enable Virtual Host in the NVRs settings which creates virtual links to log in to each directly connected camera.
Thanks. I have updated the NVR to that version and I have enabled the virtual host. Before I did any of that, the camera at fault, I unplugged it from the back of the NVR and plugged it back in as there were no flashing lights on that port. It has instantly come back online. I'm waiting to see when it will go off again

Reactions: Dan
Back