01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Cameras Offline after updating my NVR's firmware?

Tallmanadam

Hi All

New to this forum but have been reading lots of posts and answers but I cant seem to get a fix for my issue.

I decided to upgrade the firmware on the NVR and noticed a lot of people say you should do it in stages from the oldest update to the latest one, so I did this one at a time updating the firmware and getting to the latest one. The issue I have now is that the camera are all showing offline and I cant get them to work. I have tried a hard reset on the camera (pressing the reset button on the camera and then plugging the POE cable back in, I have checked all the server port numbers and what to me is obvious items are inputted correct but nothing. I am running 2 DS-2CD2347G2 cameras and 3 DS-2CD2085FWD cameras.
The NVR I have is DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P running Firmware Version*V4.61.020 build 220708

Due to the cameras being offline I cant check the firmware as when I click on the ip address in camera management it does not load the webpage.

When I was viewing the live page on my TV (Which has NVR attached too) it said incorrect username and password, but the only time i have entered the username and password is to enter the IP address of the nvr via internet explorer which has always been the same and has always logged in.
I can access the NVR via the HIK Vision app and show the NVR Online but the cameras again as offline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi All

New to this forum but have been reading lots of posts and answers but I cant seem to get a fix for my issue.

I decided to upgrade the firmware on the NVR and noticed a lot of people say you should do it in stages from the oldest update to the latest one, so I did this one at a time updating the firmware and getting to the latest one. The issue I have now is that the camera are all showing offline and I cant get them to work. I have tried a hard reset on the camera (pressing the reset button on the camera and then plugging the POE cable back in, I have checked all the server port numbers and what to me is obvious items are inputted correct but nothing. I am running 2 DS-2CD2347G2 cameras and 3 DS-2CD2085FWD cameras.
The NVR I have is DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P running Firmware Version*V4.61.020 build 220708

Due to the cameras being offline I cant check the firmware as when I click on the ip address in camera management it does not load the webpage.

When I was viewing the live page on my TV (Which has NVR attached too) it said incorrect username and password, but the only time i have entered the username and password is to enter the IP address of the nvr via internet explorer which has always been the same and has always logged in.
I can access the NVR via the HIK Vision app and show the NVR Online but the cameras again as offline.

Any help would be appreciated.
It's likely that you've used a different password when you activated your new NVR. For the migration to have worked you'd have needed to (in advance) set the channel default password in the NVR to the password you previously used on the cameras. What's possibly happened is that when you've connected the cameras to the NVR, the NVR using plug and play has repeatedly tried to connect to the attached cameras using its (incorrect) admin password. After multiple failed attempts the camera blocks access from that device for a time.

There are various things you could try. The easiest is to make sure the cameras are reset while not connected to the recorder, then plug them back in and they should come back online. Sometimes it's as easy as plugging the cameras into different NVR ports IE, put what you know as 1, 2, 3, 4 into 4, 3, 2, 1. The NVR sees its s a different device and connects to it as a new camera giving it a new IP address. Once they're all visible you can swap them back around again.

Another alternative is to plug a laptop into one of the spare POE ports on your NVR. Set its IP address manually to 192.168.254.100. Plug in just one of the cameras into any NVR port. Then using either SADP or an IP scanner app (I use IP Scanner Ultra for Mac) you'll be able to see the IP address of the connected camera. Use a web browser to navigate to that cameras address, login with the admin password and do a full reset. When it says it's rebooting unplug it from the NVR and repeat for the next camera. Once complete plug them all back in and they'll all come back online. It's a bit of a tart on to be fair using the NVR for this and it is far easier to do the same but using a PoE injector or 4 port PoE switch so that you can power the camera temporarily without the NVR.

Thank you I’ll give your suggestions ago.

It’s so strange as it’s not a new NVR or cameras. It’s the same set up that I had installed a few years ago and I have only ever entered the same password that the installer set it up with, all I have done is log in via internet explorer and update the firmware of the NVR and after I did that I went back to my TV where the NVR is connected and realised the live feed was not working. Before this the updates must of done something as I started getting notifications come through via the app of motion detection on the lines that I had drawn on certain cameras.
It's likely that you've used a different password when you activated your new NVR. For the migration to have worked you'd have needed to (in advance) set the channel default password in the NVR to the password you previously used on the cameras. What's possibly happened is that when you've connected the cameras to the NVR, the NVR using plug and play has repeatedly tried to connect to the attached cameras using its (incorrect) admin password. After multiple failed attempts the camera blocks access from that device for a time.

There are various things you could try. The easiest is to make sure the cameras are reset while not connected to the recorder, then plug them back in and they should come back online. Sometimes it's as easy as plugging the cameras into different NVR ports IE, put what you know as 1, 2, 3, 4 into 4, 3, 2, 1. The NVR sees its s a different device and connects to it as a new camera giving it a new IP address. Once they're all visible you can swap them back around again.

Another alternative is to plug a laptop into one of the spare POE ports on your NVR. Set its IP address manually to 192.168.254.100. Plug in just one of the cameras into any NVR port. Then using either SADP or an IP scanner app (I use IP Scanner Ultra for Mac) you'll be able to see the IP address of the connected camera. Use a web browser to navigate to that cameras address, login with the admin password and do a full reset. When it says it's rebooting unplug it from the NVR and repeat for the next camera. Once complete plug them all back in and they'll all come back online. It's a bit of a tart on to be fair using the NVR for this and it is far easier to do the same but using a PoE injector or 4 port PoE switch so that you can power the camera temporarily without the NVR.

It’s so strange as it’s not a new NVR or cameras.
Apologies I've read that many posts I've confused this with another!

I have only ever entered the same password that the installer set it up with
It's possible the the installer used different passwords in the cameras themselves. You wouldn't necessarily be aware of that as logging into the NVR would connect to the cameras using the different password that the installer configured. However if you've accessed the cameras to update the firmware on them then that is strange.

I’m baffled and frustrated as it was all working fine and then thinking. I’ll give your advice a go for sure.

Back