01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision - cameras offline

ryank87

I've recently moved into a new house which has a hikvision cctv unit with 3 cameras (ds 2cd2335fwd i)
until somewhat recently the system was working fine, but now the cameras all seem to be disconnected. their status in the camera management is offline (user password error)
I've rebooted the NVR, changed the cameras to plug and play, and back again, all with the same password. I've reset one of the cameras (they are a bit tricky to get to) and it's made no difference. I've tried to access the cameras by their individual IP addresses after enabling platform access , but the page is not responding

I'm going to attempt a firmware update, but I was wondering which version do I need? The NVR is DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A with a firmware version of V3.4.98 build 171121

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I've recently moved into a new house which has a hikvision cctv unit with 3 cameras (ds 2cd2335fwd i)
until somewhat recently the system was working fine, but now the cameras all seem to be disconnected. their status in the camera management is offline (user password error)
I've rebooted the NVR, changed the cameras to plug and play, and back again, all with the same password. I've reset one of the cameras (they are a bit tricky to get to) and it's made no difference. I've tried to access the cameras by their individual IP addresses after enabling platform access , but the page is not responding

I'm going to attempt a firmware update, but I was wondering which version do I need? The NVR is DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A with a firmware version of V3.4.98 build 171121

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
I'd say that the issue is not firmware related. While the update won't hurt, it won't fix your connection issue either. The latest firmware is 3.4.106 available here:

Your issue appears to be simply password related. What you need to be aware of is that if the NVR submits the wrong password several times to the camera - that NVR is locked out from accessing the camera for a time. There are a couple of ways to resolve it. If you're using plug and play, it would be easiest to unplug the camera from the NVR, power it with a PoE adaptor (available cheaply on Amazon - I always keep one in my laptop bag), and reset it (while disconnected from the NVR). This could be either using the reset button or I'd be more likely to use the web browser and fathom out the password. Once complete and after ensuring that the camera channel on the NVR is set to Plug and Play, reconnect it to the NVR and it will re activate. Repeat with the other cameras.

Same issue here. NVR is detecting 8 cameras but all are offline with the error message “Offline ( “

enabled uPnP in config and on router.

Also won’t allow me to login to the cameras individually. I assume I can type the IP address (eg 192.168.254.3) and it will present a login screen but that’s not happening with the error message on the browser being “took too long to respond”. Platform access enabled.

have these cameras been hacked and their passwords been altered? Seems all a bit suspicious as the only thing that has changed for me is I did a hard reboot of the modem/router as directed by my network provider. Very frustrating.

thanks for any help.

Same issue here. NVR is detecting 8 cameras but all are offline with the error message “Offline ( “

enabled uPnP in config and on router.

Also won’t allow me to login to the cameras individually. I assume I can type the IP address (eg 192.168.254.3) and it will present a login screen but that’s not happening with the error message on the browser being “took too long to respond”. Platform access enabled.

have these cameras been hacked and their passwords been altered? Seems all a bit suspicious as the only thing that has changed for me is I did a hard reboot of the modem/router as directed by my network provider. Very frustrating.

thanks for any help.
To log into the cameras directly using the IP address assigned by the NVR plug and play you need first to set the IP on the computer you’re using to an unused address in the same range (192.168.254.xxx). Secondly the computer needs to be connected either directly to the camera or, if you’re unable to power them separately, you can connect the computer to an unused PoE port on the NVR.
It would be unlikely that the cameras have been hacked unless they’re on very old firmware using the default 12345 password they used to use.

Back