01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION CCTV DS-2CD2032 Push Notifications?

devs

Hi all, I've got 4 DS-2CD2032's attached to an NRV that I would like to use to send push alarm notifications to my phone.

I've setup the email notifications okay but feel it would be better if I used the push to app function..

I have configured everything correctly (as far as I can tell!) but an not receiving the notifications to the phone app?

The only thing that I can see that might be wrong is that within the app my device is showing as the NRV and not the individual camera. Could that be the problem and if so how do I add the individual cameras and not the nvr?

see attached.

Many thanks in advance.

Devs.

Attachments

• IMG_9911.PNG
    IMG_9911.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 739
Hi devs

Glad to hear you got it working. Did you change anything at all or did it just decide to work out of the blue?

Thanks, that only change that I made was to turn off the email notification, then it started to work.

Strange but happy!

Hi guys, I wondered if anyone would be able to help? I've had push notifications work fine and all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago they have stopped?

I do not recall making any changes that would stop them. I've looked at the iVMS-4500 app (ios) and the only strange thing that I can see is as follows: under the "Set Alarm Notification" menu my device is showing as set to on. However if I try and turn it off it comes up with the error "connection failed" this makes me think that its not connected even though it appears to be?

I can view my cameras via live view but no push notifications via the app?

Can anyone suggest what I could try as I'm lost :(

Many thanks,

Devs.

Hi Devs,

First of all, check whether the default gateway for the device you're trying to get notifications from is set correctly. Typically it's the same as your router. Make sure that's set correctly in the app for that device too.

Also, make sure that the linkage method of the alarm notification you want to be pushed is set to "Notify Surveillance Centre" within the camera or NVRs configuration settings.

Hi Kieran and many thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciated! The NRV is set to "Notify Surveillance Centre" I also set to to "Alarm Output" and that worked but the push didn't.

I've just checked and the gateway is set to the ip of my router within Network Settings > TCP/IP. Trust this is okay?

Here are a couple of grabs from the app if they help any..

Many thanks,

Devs.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.PNG
    IMG_0471.PNG
    170.3 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_0472.PNG
    IMG_0472.PNG
    89.5 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0473.PNG
    IMG_0473.PNG
    104.6 KB · Views: 830
Yes, the default gateway should be set the same as your router in the TCP/IP menu. You can double check what the default gateway of the network you're currently connected to is by running the command ipconfig in a Windows command prompt.

In the same menu you mentioned, please check whether your Preferred DNS Server is set correctly - we like to recommend Google's DNS server of 8.8.8.8

Otherwise, I'd suggest you try reinstalling the app and readding the device. One of your screenshots indicates that the device is using a weak password, which I'd recommend you change to a strong one ASAP - weak passwords on Hikvision devices cause all sorts of compatibility issues.

Hi Kieran, I've done as you suggested above and the reinstall fixed the problem. Really glad its sorted and thanks again for your assistance!

Devs.

Hello,

maybe you could give Pushsafer a try!
Pushsafer makes it easy and safe to send & receive push-notifications in real time on your iOS (iPhone, iPad) device, Android or Windows Phone and Desktop!
You are able to send push-notifications to your devices by EMAIL, through a simple URL / LINK or with our simple API.
This software converts your request (send by eMail, URL, API call) and forwards it as a Push-Notification to your device.
You can set up your push notification by changing title, message, icon, sound, vibration, time to live, url, url title, upload 3 images, the first one is displayed in the notification itself!

If you have questions to our service or API, please feel free ask.

Regards
Kevin

Back