01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision CCTV for my home - which to go for?

Muj

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum wanting to gain some knowledge on a new set up for my home.

I've contacted a company for 4x8MP cameras. The company has in two different instances given me two different products on a quote. I just wanted to know the difference and which is better to go for.

DS-2CE78U1T-IT3F vs DS-2CEZ8U8T-IT3

Apart from the low light on the 8U8T I don't see any other difference. As I know nothing about cameras I was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

Thank you all in advance

Hi @Muj

We primarily work with Hikvisions IP range so our knowledge of the technical details of their analog solution is not so great.

We found the datasheets for both models you mentioned:

DS-2CE78U1T-IT3F
DS-2CE78U8T-IT3

You are right that the specs do look very similar, the only difference we could spot are below:

WDR - 78U1T only supports DWDR (Digital Wide Dynamic Range) which is not as good as the true WDR that the 78U8T supports
4 in 1 video output (switchable TVI/AHD/CVI/CVBS) - this is supported by the 78U1T but not supported by the 78U8T
Smart IR & DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) - supported by 78U1T but not supported by 78U8T

From those few differences, I would lean towards the 78U1T Model.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Is ultra low light massively better than one without?

Also, apart from the bits you mentioned is there any other reasons for leaning towards the 78U1T?

The low-light model does have slightly lower Lux rating than the 78U1T model, but it is only slightly lower and Lux is not a universal standard as each manufacturer sets there own standard and might class 0 Lux differently to another brand. So the 0.003 Lux of the low-light model might mean that at those light levels the camera can still make out the outline of objects but you would never anything recorded that dark.

The 78U1T model has the rectangular lens design which is now being used by the latest IP turret models so I would think that this model is also the latest analog turret model.

Reactions: Muj
Back