01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ColorVu problem - recordings to my NAS will not overwrite?

Armano38

Hello, I bought a Hikvision ColorVu camera model DS-2CD2047G2-L , the camera is set to record on the nas server and when the hard drive capacity drops below 10Gb, it gives an error, the camera does not overwrite, it has firmware version V5. 7.12 build 221201 I changed two nas servers, one from synology and another from Qnap and it still does the same I have other cameras from Hikvision and those overwrite the hard drive when it is filled, only this model does that, what can be done?

Attachments

• hikvision camera nas error .jpg
    hikvision camera nas error .jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 160
Hello, good morning.

In my case I have two Hikvision cameras, and I have them both linked to the Synology Surveillance Station, and from there I manage the recording days or the GB that it wants you to record. If you record the cameras through the ONVIF protocol you won't have any problem.

As in many occasions the cameras are not yet compatible with the Surveillance Station, when you make any change from its software, it changes some parameters of the camera, as for example the image quality. But then you go to the camera's website and change the settings again and they remain applied.

Back