01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision colourvu with NVR - some features greyed-out

mtagt56

Hello

really struggling i purchased and installed a brand new hikvision colourvu set up with NVr when it wentin all of smart alert options were there! Things like face detection and other things!

I enabled x264 cameras updated and so did nvr !
When it came back online all of smart tech with exception of line crossing and intrusion have been greyed out and I cannot select smart view options I need like face detection!

I am not sure whether this is the cause of your case, but some features are disabled when you enable the advanced CODECS - there is a pop-up information box that tells you what will be disabled.

If in doubt, revert and check.

And, always check the Hikvision portal to make sure that you are running the latest firmware for all your Hikvision devices.

@mtagt56
Hi,
first if your NVR support H265 Codec so set all camera on H265 or H265+ (would be much efficient than H264)
and as @Phil said careful about selecting advanced codec like H265+ or H264+ by choosing these options you lose some features and they wont show on web gui camera settings after reboot like: Face detection or transcode stream (third stream) or smooth ....

Back