01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIkvision Compatibility with POE cameras

Fanefane

Hi,

My current NVR isn't working anymore and I want to buy a new one, the Hikvision DS-7608NI-K1-8P(B).
I still have the POE cameras (ONVIF 2,41 H265 , made in China), but I would like to know if I could use them with this Hikvision NVR.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Set cam 3 mp.jpg
    Set cam 3 mp.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 165
Hi @Fanefane

If the 3rd-party Chinese cameras are ONVIF compliant, which from the screenshot above they appear to be, then you shouldn't have any problem adding them to a Hikvision NVR. Adding cameras via ONVIF does have limitations because it is a universal standard that only supports basic features like recording, playback, motion detection, etc...

If the Chinese cameras have any unique smart features you will probably not be able to control these features from the NVR, it is possible to directly connect ONVIF cameras but we usually advise that you connect them remotely via PoE switch and add them using their own IP addresses because this means you can still log in to the cameras individually using a browser and change any settings that may not be controllable from the NVR menus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back