01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - Different settings for day/night, auto switching.

Munzz

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to automatically switch from day to night mode, both modes using different image settings?

As it stands, my setup is using the scheduled switch feature for day and night mode, purely because I want different exposure settings. Is it possible for this switch to happen automatically dependant on light?

Jamie

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to automatically switch from day to night mode, both modes using different image settings?

As it stands, my setup is using the scheduled switch feature for day and night mode, purely because I want different exposure settings. Is it possible for this switch to happen automatically dependant on light?

Jamie

As far as we are aware for the core EasyIP 2.0+ & 3.0 ranges from Hikvision the only option you have is schedule switch if you want to have control of the image settings for both day and night.

The feature you are after is actually rarely found in the software of any IP manufacturer, one of the rare examples of a brand that does support this level of control is Milesight (see below screenshot) who give very detailed control over the day and night image settings, whether they are set to switch automatic or schedule.

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 16.00.47.png

There may be a greater range of image controls for the higher spec 5-series Smart cameras & 7-series DeepinMind cameras from Hikvision, but we don't have enough hands-on experience with these ranges to say if they definitely have controls for separate day and night image settings.

Thanks for confirming Dan, unsure why Hikvision dont implement this, seems fairly basic!

Good question @Munzz.
I was always wondering if changing exposure settings in Manual Day/Night switch will also use those settings in Automatic switch.
But from Dan's response i take it as no.

Good question @Munzz.
I was always wondering if changing exposure settings in Manual Day/Night switch will also use those settings in Automatic switch.
But from Dan's response i take it as no.

Strange they don't offer this functionality, I'm sure the devices are more than capable!

Back