01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry HikVision Door bell?

AndyVader

I have a K series NVR with a spare camera space. Wife has mentioned getting a Ring door bell, but I wondered if I could get the same outcome using a Hikvision unit and also have events recorded on my NVR? Do the Hikvision units call multiple iphones when pressed?
Thanks

Hi @AndyVader

The villa door stations would do what you need, something like the DS-KV6113-WPE1 would be your simplest solution.

You will need to connect it to your LAN rather than directly to the NVR's PoE ports to work, but you can then add it to your NVR via the IP address and set up event-based recording to the NVR for motion detection just as you would on your other cameras.

Yes, you can set the doorbell to call all / any of the Hik-Connect accounts / phones that it has been shared with. I believe that you manage which accounts are called from the admin account when you share it with others.

Excellent, thanks Kyle. I assume I am better buying the instation with it as it will enable a door chime to be heard within the house if phones are not to hand or on silent? Are there alternative arrangements to that, e.g. separate chime unit?

Thanks

Back