01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2345FWD-I Moving black noise line when LED security light is on?

yo4096

Hi,

I have a DS-2CD2345FWD-I at the back of my house, and a LED movement activated security light. Recently we had some work done in the garden and in particular we had paving slabs installed (previously it was rough/unfinished concrete).

Since then, it seems that every time the security lights turns on, the camera shows a weird moving line of noise: see video in attachment. Apart from looking weird and ugly, I think it triggers the line crossing detection (side question: I really wish there was a way for the camera to record what it sees as movement/line crossing! I can see it 'live', but if someone knew a way of making the camera record that information so I can check later that would be brilliant). Also as you can see the picture becomes very pixelly / poor quality, which I suspect is because the noise is hard to encode/compress, so it has to drop the quality of the rest of the video to make up for the extra bandwidth it needs for that artefact. You can see towards the end of the video that the quality is better when the security light turns off and that noise bar disappears.
I am guessing that this is triggered by the LED light reflecting on the slabs.

Any idea about what I could do to fix that issue?

Thanks

Attachments

@yo4096 maybe the led light is acting as a strobe highlighting the camera video frame. compare with a torch of similar brightness. If the torch shows no bars then you may have to find an led light that is not pulsed. what model led light are you using?

@yo4096 i think the camera sensor is being overdriven, can you reduce the brightness of the led light or shade it from the camera?

Shading the light from the camera didn't seem to help. I tried HLC and initially no difference, but reducing the HLC level to 40 seems to fix this. I then tried going back to disabling HLC and enabling WDR with a lower level, and there again the noise line doesn't appear if the WDR <= 40.

So clear threshold at level 40, whereas with HLC or WDR: if level <= 40, all fine, if level >= 41 then the artefact moving noise line appears when the security light is on.

Shading the light from the camera didn't seem to help. I tried HLC and initially no difference, but reducing the HLC level to 40 seems to fix this. I then tried going back to disabling HLC and enabling WDR with a lower level, and there again the noise line doesn't appear if the WDR <= 40.

So clear threshold at level 40, whereas with HLC or WDR: if level <= 40, all fine, if level >= 41 then the artefact moving noise line appears when the security light is on.
In your case the Camera backlight image processing cannot handle above 40. My HLC optimum is around 30 for car headlights. another option is to move the light behind the camera.

I'd start with WDR completely off as I think it's the image processing that's causing your issue. I generally only enable WDR, HLC, BLC etc when I can see there is a specific issue in the image that needs to be dealt with. There is no standard setup for a camera even when you are using cameras of the same model as every scene is different. I never have WDR above 15 even - as it generally causes the daytime image (unless you're using scheduled settings) to look a bit washed out/vague with regard to the colours.

First I'd sort out the orientation of your camera. Rotate it so that a fencepost in the centre of the frame appears upright, then swivel the camera away from the wall so that it's just to say out of view. That alone will even out the exposure in the scene to a degree. Switch off HLC/WDR and observe the image on a night while camera is in mono with IR on. Lowering the contrast from its default setting will brighten, even out areas in shadow and quite probably negate the need for WDR completely.

Back