01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU (C) 8MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera -- 6mm focal length availability

Dave911

Hi, I'm after full hikvision system but would like a 2.8, 4 and a 6mm camera. There aren't any 6mm on stock but does that mean they don't manufacture them or you just don't have them? I don't think my ocd could manage different manufacturers. Thanks.

Hi @Dave911

The Datasheet for the 2387G2-LU only states 2.8mm and 4mm options so currently I don't think there are any plans to produce 6mm models.

I believe Hikvision may have told us previously that due to the advanced hardware of the ColorVu models (e.g. larger sensor, larger aperture, etc...) they hadn't found a 6mm lens that would work with this hardware to produce images that were as good as the 2.8mm & 4mm versions.

It may be that they are still working on developing a 6mm lens that will work, if that is the case then we will add the 6mm model to our webshop as soon as it is available.

It's possibly because of the relationship between the large aperture and the depth of field. The Depth of Field figures specified for the 2.8 and 4mm models are 3.1m to infinity and 3.6m to infinity respectively. At a guess at 6mm the area deemed to be acceptably sharp is going to start at over 4 metres from the cameras position which wouldn't be great. (although the 4mm 4MP model is 5.4m >infinity)

Back