01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS ANPR Help.

Rob887

Hello All.

I've got a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS Camera that someone has put the newest firmware on.

I'm trying to put the ANPR firmware on but it wont accept it. I think this is because the ANPR is older then current firmware so it wont let me downgrade.

I've tried with TFTP but i can't find my camera when doing that.

Any help please?

Kind Regards

Hi,
Where did you get your ANPR firmware from please?

I believe the ANPR firmware here at the portal is only for the newest cameras with the suffix /P:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Downgrading should not be a problem, just follow the normal Hikvision upgrade procedure:
How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps - updated 30th October 2018

You can download the latest version for your camera via this link:
LPR_DS-2CD4X25_R4_EN_STD_5.4.5_170302.zip

You're the best !.

I found the firmware on some random website after searching for an hour ! it must of been for the a26.
I did see the /P on the official site.

One last question please. It doesn't seem to link into my NVR 7732 very good. I can edit stuff directly on the camera (But i have no SD card in it) So its not actually saving when i enable vehicle detection.
When i edit the Road Trafic on the NVR it doesn't save and says error.

Kind Regards

Are you using Internet Explorer to access and edit your NVR's settings?
It is still THE most reliable browser for this work currently.

Is your NVR running the latest firmware now?
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
[Hik recently retracted versions V4.1.70 and .71 - they told me that 4.1.63 was currently the most stable version, but V4.1.64 is also available at the portal]

I've tried using Internet Explorer connecting to the NVR when i set Road Traffic Detection on it just never saves after clicking save.
I've tried internet explorer to the Virtual IP for Camera. Same problem.

Also I've IVMS-4200 client on windows 10. This gives error when clicking save.

NVR is on V4.1.54 build 180621
IPC Camera V5.4.5 build 170302

Kind Regards

Your NVR is 3 or 4 versions out of date, so it would be worth updating.

Are you sure you are using Internet Explorer (not Edge) - you want the browser icon with the gold flash.
The one on the left:

1549900270910.png

If you are definitely using Internet Explorer, but are still experiencing some issues when you save, then please try running IE as an administrator:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

Just updated the firmware on the NVR to 4.1.64.

Using Internet Explorer Please see screen shots.
One is directly connected to the camera and the other is through the NVR

I do notice it says something about Third Stream but i can't find out how to turn that off.
Kind Regards

Attachments

• anpr camera.png
    anpr camera.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 490
  • anpr.png
    anpr.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 724
Hi,
I'm sorry, I'm running out of day now.
A quick look at your scene, and you are not going to get on very well capturing number plates within that scene.
You need to adjust the camera to fill the screen with more of the oncoming vehicles.
Probably angle down and zoom-in:
How do I access the zoom controls on a Hikvision camera?

Please also take a look at our step-by-step guide on setting up ANPR here, you may be able to find where you are going wrong:
How to set up Hikvision ANPR

I do notice it says something about Third Stream but i can't find out how to turn that off.
It's just telling you that if you configure and use its ANPR capability, then you cannot also use a third video stream.
It's just notifying you.

All Sorted :)

Thank you for that link.

I forgot to reset the camera to default after updating it :)

Thank you for all your help.

kind regards

You're the best !.

I found the firmware on some random website after searching for an hour ! it must of been for the a26.
I did see the /P on the official site.

One last question please. It doesn't seem to link into my NVR 7732 very good. I can edit stuff directly on the camera (But i have no SD card in it) So its not actually saving when i enable vehicle detection.
When i edit the Road Trafic on the NVR it doesn't save and says error.

Kind Regards
Hi Rob,

Could you kindly explain how in the end you managed to install the ANPR firmware after the system initially says it is not a match?

Detailed instructions would be enormously appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back