01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7216HUHI-K2/P NVR Not Powering On

Sitchey

Hi

I have a DS-7216HUHI-K2/P unit that was bought in May. The unit was working fine but it has just shut down and will no longer power on. Its not a boot issue as when its plugged in there is nothing, no lights, no attempt to power on. It looks like the power has blown or the motherboard is dead.

Has anyone any suggestions on things I could try? If it is a psu issue is it possible to buy another?

Thanks for the input.

Hi

I have a DS-7216HUHI-K2/P unit that was bought in May. The unit was working fine but it has just shut down and will no longer power on. Its not a boot issue as when its plugged in there is nothing, no lights, no attempt to power on. It looks like the power has blown or the motherboard is dead.

Has anyone any suggestions on things I could try? If it is a psu issue is it possible to buy another?

Thanks for the input.

If you only bought it in May I’d take it up with your supplier as it should be under warranty.

Thanks. The system was installed and supplied by an installer. I haven't been able to contact him for months as still waiting on a few other cameras. So doubt this will be an option to go through him

Thanks. The system was installed and supplied by an installer. I haven't been able to contact him for months as still waiting on a few other cameras. So doubt this will be an option to go through him
Oh dear you picked the wrong installer then, I'd be choosing an alternative for your proposed additional cameras. I have known the PSU's fail from time to time. I know the 4 channel model has an external 48V adaptor which you could easily replace, but the 16 channel has an internal PSU. This will be more of a hassle to match up.

I'd be knocking on your installers door - he has a responsibility to sort it out. As an installer myself who purchases via Hikvision approved channels, I get a 3 year warranty with advance replacements - and so will he.

Yea not the best supplier I know. Yea this unit has the internal psu and struggling to find a replacement otherwise I would just swap it over.

This unit didn't have a power adapter, just a three prong kettle lead that went straight into the psu.

Back