01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7600NI-I2/8P question.

bellybuster

Hi,

I am new to NVR and have just got the DS-7600NI-I2/8P.

I have only one Ctronics 5mp POE camera here at the moment to enable me to setup the NVR and get used to how it all works before getting a better camera. It has onvif abd this is what I used.

On the DS-7600NI-I2/8P under the image settings, It only allowed me to have a custom setting for brightness, contrast and saturation. There was also exposure, day/night and image enhancement. But all these are greyed out. Why is that?

When the camera is in the main stream, no matter what mp's I change the camera settings to, it will not allow me to go higher or lower than 15 fps. Why is this?

When I used the web browser to set up the camera when I first got it, I had plenty of adjustments including higher or lower than 15fps.

Thanks

I have updated the NVR firmware this morning to V4.21.008.190265. In the hope it would sort out the frame rate problem.

The camera settings in the NVR are set to.

Stream type, video & audio.
resolution 2592 x 1944 (5mp).
Bitrate variable. (Only 1 in the pull down menu to chose from).
Video quality (highest).
Frame rate 15fps. (Only 1 in the pull down menu to chose from).
Max bitrate mode (custom 500 - 6000)
Max bitrate 6000.
Max bitrate range recommended 7710 - 7718 Kbps.
Video encoding H.265.

The frame rate is stuck on 15fps. The NVR only shows 15fps in the pull down menu.

Anyone know what could be causing this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Hopefully I haven't bought a faulty DS-7600NI-I2/8P.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

I don't have any experience with the Ctronics range so I'm guessing.
Check the Protocol/Management Port. Hikvision will use the default port of 8443 normally. It looks like Ctronics uses 8091.
The user is: admin and password:123456 for Ctronics cameras, unless you changed it. Keep us posted.

I don't have any experience with the Ctronics range so I'm guessing.
Check the Protocol/Management Port. Hikvision will use the default port of 8443 normally. It looks like Ctronics uses 8091.
The user is: admin and password:123456 for Ctronics cameras, unless you changed it. Keep us posted.
View attachment 2523

Thanks Stewart for pointing me in the right direction.

After hours and hours of trying different things I finally found out what the problem was, I think.

When I loaded the camera up in the browser there are two boxes that were not ticked. Hikvision and Dahua. I ticked then both to see if it changed anything and it allowed me to choose under plug and play, Hikvision and the NVR then saw the camera as an Hikvision using port 8000. I can now adjust the bitrate variable and the fps.

I don't know if this is the proper way to set the Ctronics camera up or whether this is how third party cameras in general are set up on the Hikvision NVR. Maybe someone could let me know.

Thanks

Back