01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS 7608NI 12/8p vs 7608NI K2/8p NVRs - What's the difference?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Can you tell me the difference between these models. I also see a 7608ni i2/8p. And 7608ni se
But what's the difference?

Solution
Hi @Vauxfan

The basic differences are explained here:

This is an old post and now our recommendation for a new system would always be to go for an I-series NVR because of the 2 models it is the one that continues to get regular firmware updates and offers better support for the latest AcuSense/ColorVu cameras. If you want to future-proof your new system then we would always recommend the I-series NVRs.

This is the model that we recommend:
Hi @Vauxfan

This is an old post and now our recommendation for a new system would always be to go for an I-series NVR because of the 2 models it is the one that continues to get regular firmware updates and offers better support for the latest AcuSense/ColorVu cameras. If you want to future-proof your new system then we would always recommend the I-series NVRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 1
Solution
Hi @Vauxfan

Thanks. I was under the impression that the i2 was the one. Just confused when I see it written as 12/8p not i2/8p

Upvote 0
Can you advise me where the best place to get this unit from at the best price. Seen many at around £240.

Upvote 0
Hi @Vauxfan

We do not discuss prices & sales on the forum, see our forum rules:

Do not post spam, adverts or negotiate private sales in these forums.
The forums are a platform for discussion, not sales. Spam and ads are just an irritant to us al. If you wish to arrange a sale with someone, please do so privately. Any breach of this rule will result in banning.

Specifically, with Hikvision we do not publicly share prices on the forum because Hikvision requires all authorised sellers to put prices behind a login wall and can remove authorised status if we don't police this.

Upvote 0
No worries :)
Just to clarify, we (use-IP) are a shop - see the button marked 'Shop' at the top-left of this page.
And, at #2 @Dan linked you to our product page for that NVR in our shop.

We provide this forum free of charge in support of our shop.

For prices you might find elsewhere on the web it's probably best just to use a search engine and have a look around the web.
Of course all the usual 'buyer beware' things apply.
Do not buy from Amazon - Hikvision will not support you.
Do not buy from eBay - Hikvision will not support you.
Be wary of grey imports / models intended for the Chinese or other markets.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Yeah I didn't realise you were a shop. I will look at the link. Again something else I missed.

Upvote 0
No worries :)
Just to clarify, we (use-IP) are a shop - see the button marked 'Shop' at the top-left of this page.
And, at #2 @Dan linked you to our product page for that NVR in our shop.

We provide this forum free of charge in support of our shop.

For prices you might find elsewhere on the web it's probably best just to use a search engine and have a look around the web.
Of course all the usual 'buyer beware' things apply.
Do not buy from Amazon - Hikvision will not support you.
Do not buy from eBay - Hikvision will not support you.
Be wary of grey imports / models intended for the Chinese or other markets.
Is there an easy way to tell if its a grey import. Or a Chinese Market 1?

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Back