01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR and alarm triggers/events?

Bobw55

I have the Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR on the latest firmware, with 2 fixed bullet cameras and 3 PTZ cameras.
I have motion detect/recording set for all 5 and this is working as expected.

I am having trouble setting a trigger:
When one of the fixed cameras detects motion, I want one of the PTZ cameras go to a preset location (Preset 3 in my example)
All the cameras are capable of this as well as the NVR, I know I am just missing a setting somewhere?

192.168.3.45 Is the fixed bullet camera or Trigger camera.

Alarm1.JPG

D2 is the PTZ that I want to move to Preset 3

Alarm2.JPG

Help a guy out please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yeah you're in the wrong tab. What you've set there is:

"When the physical alarm input (on wired terminal block) on the camera at 192.168.3.45 activates - send the PTZ (D2) to preset 3."

You don't want the physical alarm input as the trigger though, you want motion as the trigger... So:
  1. On the NVR click on Event > Basic Event > Motion
  2. Select the trigger camera in the dropdown list (the one at 192.168.3.45)
  3. Click the linkage method tab and set the PTZ linking there.
EDIT: I've just checked and it's not possible to use motion detection on one camera to trigger a PTZ preset on another - there is no PTZ linking in the linkage method tab for any Basic Events. What you'll need to do is use a Smart Event on your...
Yeah you're in the wrong tab. What you've set there is:

"When the physical alarm input (on wired terminal block) on the camera at 192.168.3.45 activates - send the PTZ (D2) to preset 3."

You don't want the physical alarm input as the trigger though, you want motion as the trigger... So:
  1. On the NVR click on Event > Basic Event > Motion
  2. Select the trigger camera in the dropdown list (the one at 192.168.3.45)
  3. Click the linkage method tab and set the PTZ linking there.
EDIT: I've just checked and it's not possible to use motion detection on one camera to trigger a PTZ preset on another - there is no PTZ linking in the linkage method tab for any Basic Events. What you'll need to do is use a Smart Event on your trigger camera - this could either be intrusion detection or line crossing to replace your motion detection (or use it in addition to). All of the so called Smart Events have the PTZ linking option available in the linkage method tab - unlike the Basic Events.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Solution
Just thought I would update this incase it helps others.
I bought this NVR from a dealer here in the USA, it was USED, and came with a 6TB hard drive.
They are the authorized tech support dealer for Hikvision in the USA. Hikvision insisted that I go through the dealer for any tech support issues.
"BUT" because I bought a used unit, Hikvision will not provide or authorize any tech support to the dealer?????? WTF

From what I can find on the web, what I want to do was once supported, but no longer is UNLESS you have a smart event camera, I do not.
So I told the dealer I will be packing up the NVR and sending back to them on Monday. (I am still with in the return window)
I have contacted Nelly's security here in the USA. I explained to them what I need an NVR to do, they responded that they had this working for another client and soon as he could get hold of the tech support guy who set it up before they would call me.
Still waiting for their phone call back.

Upvote 0
Thanks.
I do not have those settings under motion. Only under Alarm.

Not sure you read my edit. You won’t be able to use motion but you can use line crossing/intrusion as the settings are there - though obviously you’ll need to set that up to cover the area you want to cover. As I said alarm input is for detectors that are wired to the camera or NVR so you can’t set it there because you’ve got nothing connected to those inputs.

Upvote 0
Not sure you read my edit. You won’t be able to use motion but you can use line crossing/intrusion as the settings are there - though obviously you’ll need to set that up to cover the area you want to cover. As I said alarm input is for detectors that are wired to the camera or NVR so you can’t set it there because you’ve got nothing connected to those inputs.
Yes I read your post. Unfortunately the cameras have to support those features, only my Sunbatech Illuminati does. My Hikvision knock off bullet cameras do not. I am setting up more of an animal tracking system then a security system, so everything does not have to be that state of the art. The Illuminati camera has auto tracking in it that works quite well. I just could not the the bullet cameras to directed it where to look.

Upvote 0
JB
[link to eBay removed by @Phil ]
Nice view, good motion detection. Just no smart features. Found another cheap 3MP camera that does have smart detect. If it works, I may get more and move these two inside my garage or something.

PS: thanks for not bashing me for trying to build a cheap system. Not trying to guard Fort Knox

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Just thought I would follow up.
Bought a Hikvision 3MP camera that has line and perimeter intrusion detection.
I am now able to command the PTZ to zoom and move when the fixed camera sees motion.
The cheep PTZ is a 5mp Chinese version, so having trouble finding if it has a park mode. If not I have some ideas.
Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
Just thought I would follow up.
Bought a Hikvision 3MP camera that has line and perimeter intrusion detection.
I am now able to command the PTZ to zoom and move when the fixed camera sees motion.
The cheep PTZ is a 5mp Chinese version, so having trouble finding if it has a park mode. If not I have some ideas.
Thanks for the help
No problem - glad you got it sorted :)

Upvote 0
Back