01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-KB6403 doorbell - No Live view

hlocal

I have the Hikvision DS-KB6403 doorbell installed with HK Connect app on a Samsung S9+ Android.

Until recently I was able to LIVE view but now this does not work. I get the following message "The device network is unstable".

Notifications work, rings the phone and I can view recordings. Its the Live view that doesn't work.

App Version V4.13.0.0205

Hi Dan

From SADP Tool, I see under Software Version as V1.4.62built 180515

Ok, that is the latest firmware. We have not had any other reports of issues with this model and we have not experienced any problems from our own testing.

It may possibly be a Samsung specific issue, last year we had several Hik-Connect issues reported and the linking factor was they were all Samsung tablets & smartphones, the majority of these issues were resolved so I can only think that may be Samsung has done another software update recently and this has again stopped the Hik-Connect app working properly.

Do you have access to an iOS or non-Samsung Android device that you could test Hik-connect with to verify if it is only a Samsung issue?

Hi Dan, tested on iphone iOS 14.4, seeing the same message appear when trying to view Live

Update:
I'm getting Live stream now.
I formatted the SD card using the app and then rebooted the door bell, working without any issues.

Back