01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION DVR ADMIN - locked out

DarrenM

Hi all,
Could you please help because I'm hitting a brick wall!!
Approximately a year to 18 months ago I bought a Hikvision DVR from a business that were unfortunately closing up and they no longer required it.
I was building a new house and I'm only now getting round to install it.
Trouble is I don't know the password and it will not register on the SADP even though I have it connected to the same network as the SADP??

Any help please.

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_223601.jpg
    IMG_20210125_223601.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_20210125_225210.jpg
    IMG_20210125_225210.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 351
SADP is a very basic check.
It should pretty much always work.
It simply scans the network for device MAC addresses, and reports back if it finds any Hikvision devices.

Are you sure that your PC/laptop and DVR are actually both on the same network.
Using wi-fi might lessen the chance of success, if in doubt it'd be best to connect the PC/laptop to the same switch or router with a network cable and run SADP again.

SADP is a very basic check.
It should pretty much always work.
It simply scans the network for device MAC addresses, and reports back if it finds any Hikvision devices.

Are you sure that your PC/laptop and DVR are actually both on the same network.
Using wi-fi might lessen the chance of success, if in doubt it'd be best to connect the PC/laptop to the same switch or router with a network cable and run SADP again.
Hi Phil,

thanks for the reply, that is what I don't understand, I have the laptop connected to a network point and the DVR connected to another network point all running back to the same router but its not picking it up on the SADP software?? if I could get past this hurdle I would be flying.

What model of Hikvision NVR/DVR please?
Is your network cable plugged into the NVR's LAN port? (not one of the camera ports)

Hi Phil,
thank you for getting back to me, yes the network cable is def in LAN in back of the DVR. Model number is DS-7316HFI-SH

Thankyou

Back