01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DVR not working

croller

Hi There,

We have 4 HIK cameras and hard drive, for some reason they have gone off, looks like they have power to each camera, as when you look at them they have 2 red lights in each one, when you power up the hard drive you only get one white light and nothing else, it was making a beeping noise but seems to of stopped. I have it connected to a small monitor but nothing comes on the screen when you turn the box on and off. I have disconnected it all a couple of times including the Netgear WIFI extender, the Netgear is on.

Can you give any advice of the best way to get them back on at all?

Thanks Gavin

Hi croller,

Could you specify the models of cameras and NVR you're having issue with please? I can then take a look look into what the problem might me.

Just to confirm, everything was working fine prior to this happening?

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, the model of the recorder is DS-7024HUHI-K2, Serial C73647625 im unsure of the model of camera, i have attached a picture, if that helps?

These have been working fine but from memory, went off, they have been off a couple of months, the recorder was beeping and on the attached tv screen showed HIK Vision but now it doesnt show anything and shows as no input on the tv monitor, only one light is on, on the box.

Thanks

Attachments

• piccy.jpg
    piccy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 387
No worries. The fact that you're getting nothing at all out of the DVR suggests to me that either that, the cameras, or both have failed. My suspicion is it'll be the DVR, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

We haven't sold any analogue equipment for a good while, so I'm not positioned to give any reliable advice on it I'm afraid. You'll need to get in touch with whomever you bought the setup from and ask them to have a look at what's gone wrong, unless someone else in this forum can give a better recommendation.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

No worries. The fact that you're getting nothing at all out of the DVR suggests to me that either that, the cameras, or both have failed. My suspicion is it'll be the DVR, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

We haven't sold any analogue equipment for a good while, so I'm not positioned to give any reliable advice on it I'm afraid. You'll need to get in touch with whomever you bought the setup from and ask them to have a look at what's gone wrong, unless someone else in this forum can give a better recommendation.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thank you for the prompt reply, is there anything i could try, i cant see it being all 4 cameras, presumably it should boot up as normal even if not connected to WIFI?

Who would i return it to as it is less or just around 12 months old

Gavin

The only other thing I could suggest is hard resetting the whole system and seeing if that fixes the issue. That would probably involve taking all the cameras down though as you'll need to have the system connected up, but be able to hit the reset buttons on each camera/the NVR at the same time.

Yes, it should boot up even if not connected to your network, so the fact it isn't is what's leading me to think it might be an issue with the DVR. You'll need to contact whoever you bought the equipment from to ask about their returns policy and where to send it.

Back