01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision Firmware update fail

MattHood

I am trying to update firmware for my CCTV and all is going fine until I get to the mini ptz dome. Firmware update failed.
the camera details are as follows
2022_06_15_12_15_22.jpg

My NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P running firmware V4.22.000 build 201208

The Hikvision download centre suggests V5.7.1_211015 is the current available firmware but it fails to update.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

The Hikvision download centre suggests V5.7.1_211015 is the current available firmware but it fails to update.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
For the PTZ I think you're trying to install the incorrect version for that model and that is why it's failing. I believe the latest version is 5.6.18 and is available at the bottom of the page linked below:

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Hi @MattHood

The latest firmware for the PTZ camera is v5.6.18 and also your NVR is many versions behind so we would recommend upgrading through each of the below firmware versions one at a time:

v4.40.015
v4.50.000
v4.51.005
v4.60.000
v4.61.000
Hi Dan,
I think I have a similar issue causing my firmware update to fail but I can't seem to locate previous versions. Would you happen to know the versions that I should install and where I can get them?

Thanks

2023-02-01_15-40-26.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi @c0lby

It looks like you are based in America, as far as we are aware Hikvision USA does not have a proper download portal like the UK/EU ones linked above and so you are limited on access to old firmware versions.

The oldest US firmware I could find for your model that is newer than what you are currently running was v4.30.090_210831

Try this firmware and see how you get on.

Upvote 0
Hi @c0lby

It looks like you are based in America, as far as we are aware Hikvision USA does not have a proper download portal like the UK/EU ones linked above and so you are limited on access to old firmware versions.

The oldest US firmware I could find for your model that is newer than what you are currently running was v4.30.090_210831

Try this firmware and see how you get on.
Thank you very much for this, I was able to successfully update to that firmware!!

Since there seems to be an issue with the newer firmware, would you suggest remaining on this version or installing a more recent version?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hi @c0lby

We are not actually aware of any technical issue with the latest firmware, the reason it wouldn't update may simply be that you were too many versions behind to jump to that latest version. We would recommend trying to update to the latest version now you are running the v4.30 firmware and see how you get on.

Upvote 0
Ah ok, I thought other people were mentioning the current version was not displaying all of the cameras. I will try updating. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back