01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision HiWatch IPC-B620 camera - missing options?

tubbs

Hi guys,
I own a Hikvision HiWatch IPC-B620, and am using ivms 4200 which until today has been perfectly fine.
I logged in and discovered the live stream to be very dark.
I found I am no long able to alter anything in the "CCD" menu to change the image.
I can alter resolutions, FPS etc just not anything like white balance, gamma, exposure, day/night switch. There is the menu, and all the options but nothing in the drop down menus. I also get "The start time can't be equal to end time" if I alter a slider.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting the camera and resetting to factory. Nothing helps.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Hi @tubbs

Can you please share a screenshot of the darker live view image you are getting and the CCD menu?
Have you tried logging into the camera with a browser? Is the menu also missing there?

Thank you for the reply.
It probably doesn't look it, but this is a lot darker than how it was only a week ago. Literally none of the options now work in the CCD drop down menus.

I've tried viewing via Firefox, but am unable to. I've been down the rabbit hole of older verions of FF and adding strings to about:config. Nothing seemed to work. I even downloaded VLC player and tried the option of streaming it via that.

Barring being unable to change image settings everything seems to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    2 MB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    144.9 KB · Views: 180
Have you tried logging into the camera with Internet Explorer?
What firmware version is your camera currently running? (confirm this under device information in the remote config window)
What version of iVMS-4200 are you running?

I've tried Edge. It asked to install a plugin, then didn't work.

The camera is FW v5.4.6 build 171016
I am using iVMS 4200 ver: 3.5.0.7

Thank you.

Hi @tubbs

Edge is different to Internet Explorer, unfortunately, some older Hik camera models including HiWatch/HiLook camera models do not fully support modern browsers like Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc... and so you may have to use IE. (There may not be an icon for IE on your desktop so you may need to search for it)

Have you ever updated the firmware of the camera? The firmware you are currently on would appear to be out of date, the newest version I could find for the IPC-B620 is v5.5.92

I would recommend updating to this firmware either using the browser (if you can access the camera that way) or using iVMS-4200. This forum post will explain how to update the firmware, with iVMS-4200 it is slightly different as you will find the maintenance menu under remote configuration.

I can't seem to get that link to work.
It loads the Hikvision Europe page but I get "Sorry, something went wrong. We cannot find your page or service!"

Hi @tubbs

Do you mean the firmware link in my above post isn't working for you?

That makes no sense as I have just clicked that link and it works fine, here it is again as just the pure link:

Yep that doesn't work for me either. Unless I'm being blocked somewhere along the line?
I just get

HIKVISION EUROPE B.V​

Sorry, something went wrong. We cannot find your page or service!

Then a list of email addresses.

Very odd, I don't know why it would just be blocking you.

Maybe try entering the download portal at another point and then navigate to the correct folder. If you click the link below you should be taken to the Product Firmware folder, if you then Click HiLook > IPC > E3(IPC-B620,D620,T621,B621H) that should take you to the v5.5.92 firmware folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the file downloaded, but in both Internet Explorer and IVMS I kept getting errors and it wouldn't upgrade.
A file mismatch error or something and "Failed to get the upgrade status"

In IE I can alter colours/gamma/bright etc, everything I can't in iVMS.
So to be honest I might leave iVMS and just use IE for any maintenance/image tweaking.

Reactions: Dan
Back