01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision install mess - NVR and IP cameras

michbarr

I have installed a NVR (DS7608NI-I2/8P) with a HIK ptz camera. Before I installed the camera I setup the NVR so I could use HIK-CONNECT. That was working just fine to connect remotely. I connected my camera and now my hik-connect says offline. The camera is not showing any video but I'm using a MAC so do not have plugin. I can playback the video and I see that but have no way to adjust my camera now. Also when I use IVMS4200 it does not want to add the camera even though it shows it active.

I'm not sure what is going on with this whole set up and would like to go back and start all over getting this working.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to verify the camera is activated and then how to add it to the NVR? I see the camera below and so it is possible I'm not far from getting the end point but have now clue what to do next.

1545094433793.png

but as you can see below here cannot get the hik-connect to be online even though I set the DNS to the 8.8.8.8 that I got from a youtube video and it also said not to use auto DNS.

I'm looking for some help here and hope the group has some good suggestions for this lost hacker...

Michael

Hi,
It looks as though you have added the camera to channel D1 OK.
You should be able to click the blue link in the Connect column and that should open a tab in your browser, where you should be able to login directly to the camera.

As you are a Mac user, and recent updates to Safari 12 have broken it for use with IP camera video, you might want to try an alternative Mac browser such as Sea Monkey:
Apple Safari 12 and Hikvision cameras

Back