01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Intercom Call Timeout?

dan1242

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of an obscure setup on a job, using a Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME single button intercom with the DS-KH6320 screen (which is actually tucked away in a rack as we dont require the use of it, but have to have it for the setup to work).

The scenario is customers are to push the button to speak to the staff and the call is accepted via an Ipad running Hik-Connect, this is used instead of the KH6320 Screen as we require a bluetooth headset for the call. The problem we have is sometimes the calls could take up to 3 minutes yet the call timeout has a maximum cut off of 2 minutes, and the customers dont have the gumption to press the call button again aside from the fact its not ideal to lose the conversation half way through.

I have spoken with my supplier and HikVision directly and Hik told me that there isnt a big enough customer requirement to adjust this and include it in a firmware release. Personally I didnt think it would be that big a deal to change a value from 120 to say 999 or whatever in this instance, however no one seams to want to help and customer is ready to rip the whole lot out over this.

My question is does anyone know a way round this, or has anyone got any experience with custom firmware? As I say im not looking for a full system redesign surely its just a value change form 120s to say 999s.

Cheers Daniel

and the customers dont have the gumption to press the call button again aside from the fact its not ideal to lose the conversation half way through.
Without Hikvision updating the firmware there's not much could be done. Although the customer doesn't know to press the button again to reconnect, the staff are obviously aware of the timeout. Could they not simply click to view the door station and continue the conversation? Not ideal but a workaround nonetheless..

Back