01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Intercom DS-KIS602 - connecting smoke detectors on the I/O

Marco Hill

Good Day all,

Can anyone tell me if I can connect smoke detectors to this intercom and configure the smoke detectors on the
I/O of the intercom as an alarm on IVM2-4200

It's an interesting question but wanted to ask before I purchase. Thanks.

I suppose it depends what you want to do on receipt of the alarm. Anything connected to the wired inputs of cameras, NVR's etc will show in iVMS-4200 when triggered. Any actions for the item connected to the input are configured on the NVR, Camera etc. Below shows my NVR in iVMS-4200. You can see A1 - A4 present which are the inputs on the NVR itself. D1 to D6 are the inputs from some of my cameras that have an alarm I/O on them (5 of my cameras have no physical inputs, 2 of them have 2 inputs and 2 of them have 1 input each making that 6 total).
Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 10.47.33.png

In your other post, you mention a replacement for the Geovision network IO module. I'm not aware of anything similar, but there is a Hikvision 16 channel IO expander that can be added to the 77xx and 96xx range of NVRs - but that is an expansion to the NVR (via RS232) rather than a standalone network device. That product is the DS-1901I.

It's not really my expertise, but you may be able to find something custom on GitHub. There are various custom integrations that developers have put together - MQTT etc

Back