01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision intercom system rex on monitor side?

MitchG92

Hi,
Just installed a Hikvision intercom system however we require a rex button near the monitor so staff can push button to unlock the gate without going into the monitor. Is it possible to wire that up from the monitor side? I see the white wires for Alarm in and GND but not sure which one to seal.

Thank you

Sadly i haven't seen any alarm input on indoor station support linkage to opening doors on door station.

There is a improvisation you can do without any further wiring and it goes like this.

PoE with most switches work via 2 pairs, Orange and Green and doesnt need blue and brown to actually work. Only thing that happens is that you drop speed on that line from 1Gbps to 100Mbps

That being said, you can take blue and brown pair on side of the monitor where button will be next to it, then you will also take out blue and brown for door station and connected them where the switch is so you have wiring to door station for impulse.

On door station you will connect that wiring(blue and brown) to Exit Button input or Alarm Input 1 which will be set up to be exit button(please look manual, it might be that only inputs 3 and 4 are exit buttons)

Im sorry if its hard to understand, english is not my native. If you have any further questions, i will try to clarify as best as i can

Back