01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision "Invalid Operation"

Zeddfly

Hi Everyone,

I am currently having an issue with 2 of my sites, they both use different NVR's and different model camera's. I am also using Hikcentral at a remote location so need to use the Smart Event to notify it.

Everything was working 100% until about a week ago, nothing has changed on the network or the camera's, but when I try do any settings on the NVR ie: draw the Line Crossing and set the notify with relevant triggers, it says Invalid Operation. I have re-setup the camera's, but still gives the same issue. No matter what setting I change, it says "Invalid Operation".

I would replace the NVR but it is on all 3 of them on the one site and all 6 of them on the other site.

Has anyone ever run into this issue?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Zeddfly and sorry for the slow response.

I recall a similar issue being linked to a specific firmware version - can you please share the model numbers and firmware versions of your NVR and cameras?

Using H.265+ encoding on the cameras will block the ability to use the smart events, so it could be this.

Are you seeing the "Invalid Operation" error on the browser interface, and which browser if so, please?

Back