01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IP Camera no longer fisheye?

petesellswood

Hi,

I have a Hikvision CCTV setup which was installed prior to my moving in. Using iVMS-4200 I have determined that the NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1/4P (firmware v3.4.98) and it has 2 DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera's directly connected. Until today both camera's were capturing in fisheye style lens. I moved both camera's to my main network to test them with a Synology NAS and they both reverted to a normal style lens (so I assume the fisheye effect was software rather than lens?). There were no settings I changed to indicate this change. Having moved both camera's back to the NVR they are still normal style lens and I cannot get them to go back to fisheye style, which allows me to see into the road where my car is parked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hi @petesellswood

What firmware versions are the cameras currently running? Did you update the camera firmware while moving the cameras around?

What are the video stream settings of the cameras? Sometimes different resolutions can change the image aspect ratio and affect the FoV.
Those cameras should provide about a 90° horizontal field of view at their widest, if 2.8mm lenses (not fisheye).
If you can upload any screenshots of what you saw before / see now we might be able to shed some light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.
Please find attached before and after photos - perhaps that is 90° horizontal field of view rather than fisheye. Either way, I'm unable to revert to the before settings currently (although not knowing what setting I need to change would be my first hurdle).

Attachments

• after.png
    after.png
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 261
  • before.png
    before.png
    836 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
Hi @petesellswood

What firmware versions are the cameras currently running? Did you update the camera firmware while moving the cameras around?

What are the video stream settings of the cameras? Sometimes different resolutions can change the image aspect ratio and affect the FoV.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hello.

I have v5.4.5 running on both; no change between the before and after. Would like to update both to newer versions but no access to a Windows machine.

Screenshot below of the settings on 1 of the camera's - they are the same on both. In taking these screenshots I changed the resolution setting and found that 3840x2160 has given the desired viewing angle! I should have tried cycling through these before.

Thank you for your help - really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Configuration 2.jpg
    Configuration 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Configuration.jpg
    Configuration.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0
you're welcome @petesellswood

You can update the camera firmware using iVMS-4200 if you can't do it from the browser.

You should be able to go to Device Management > Select the device from the list and click Remote configuration. When the pop-up appears you want to go to System > System Maintenance and then go to the Remote Upgrade section and click the 3 dots next to the 'select file:' box to navigate to the firmware file. Select the unzipped firmware file and then click upgrade to start the update.

The latest firmware for your 2385 models is v5.6.5

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice on the firmware update - I did this for the NVR but couldn't find the option for the cameras. I'll try what you've suggested above and report back.

Upvote 0
Back