01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IP camera unable to delete from the NVR off Added Device List?

chaz1010

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me, sorry I am a total novice. I have purchased a Hikvision DS7604NIK14P(B) NVR and 4 x DS2CD2345FWDI IP cameras.
The POE cameras get picked up and work correctly if I connect them up directly to the NVR ports. But if I connect the cameras to a network switch which is connected to the router, I am facing an issue. The NVR is picking up the cameras in the 'Online Device List' (screenshot), but I am unable to add them to the "Added Devices list", if I do try and delete the devices from this list, I get a message 'Deleting PoE channel is not allowed'. (screenshot).
I have looked for solutions online for hours, but can’t find anything. Can someone please help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• hik2.jpg
    hik2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,588
  • hik1.jpg
    hik1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,179
Solution
Ok, so when you directly connect the cameras to the PoE ports on the NVR they are activated with the NVRs activation password (which is usually the NVR login password) and are assigned an IP address on the NVR subnet IP address range (192.168.254.xxx) which is not accessible from your local network.

So when you have moved the cameras to the PoE switch on your local network they are still set up with the subnet addresses which are not visible on your local network and so when you then try and add them to the NVR over your local network the NVR cannot make a connection.

To connect cameras on your local network to the NVR you will need to either hard reset the camera, activate them in the SADP Tool on a PC, and then set IP...
Hi @chaz1010

Were all 4 x 2345FWD cameras connected directly to the NVR PoE ports and then connected to the PoE switch?

Upvote 0
Hi Dan,
Yes that is correct. Initially connected directly to the NVR PoE ports and worked fine. But when I connected via the PoE switch not working.
Any ideas what needs to be done? Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, so when you directly connect the cameras to the PoE ports on the NVR they are activated with the NVRs activation password (which is usually the NVR login password) and are assigned an IP address on the NVR subnet IP address range (192.168.254.xxx) which is not accessible from your local network.

So when you have moved the cameras to the PoE switch on your local network they are still set up with the subnet addresses which are not visible on your local network and so when you then try and add them to the NVR over your local network the NVR cannot make a connection.

To connect cameras on your local network to the NVR you will need to either hard reset the camera, activate them in the SADP Tool on a PC, and then set IP and gateway addresses to addresses on your local network range. (either manually or automatically using DHCP). If you would rather not reset the cameras then you can find the devices in SADP while they still have the subnet addresses and then using the NVR activation password you can change the IP addresses of each camera manually or using DHCP.

If you are unsure of your local networks IP range and/or the IP addresses on your network that are available then you can use this forum guide to help find that information.

(Just as an example, if you identify your router address as 192.168.1.254 then the gateway address of each camera needs to be 192.168.1.254 and the IP addresses of each camera need to be any number between 1 and 254 on that IP range - e.g. 192.168.1.20 / 192.168.1.22 /etc... - and you can check available addresses using the steps in the guide linked above)

Once each camera is set to an IP address on the local network you can then go back into the camera management page add the devices from the online devices list. If you still have issues adding them then you may need to modify (pen icon) each of the 4 channels to manual rather than plug & play and then manually enter the IP address, gateway address, and password of each device to connect them to the NVR.

Upvote 1
Solution
Back