01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision kv6113 wiring question?

seanbugeja

Hi, is it possible to connect the ds kv 6113 wpe1(C) to a door lock without using a 12V supply?

Additionally some local people who install this system said that The psu should be a 12V ac one instead of a dc. The reason he gave was so the door lock doesn't make a loud noise when opening the door lock. Can y'all give me some insights from ur expertise please? Thanks

If you search this forum for the word interposing you'll see several threads explaining why/how a separate supply and relay is recommended.

I'm afraid I don't have much field experience with mag-locks to say whether AC or DC makes much difference to the sound the lock makes when energised.

The reason he gave was so the door lock doesn't make a loud noise when opening the door lock.
That's just caused by the power supply not matching the lock type. The lock specifications will detail the voltage, whether it's AC or DC and what the current draw is when energised. There is no standard (though mag locks will usually be 12V DC)- the power supply for the lock must be matched to the specifications of the lock.

If the lock happens to be 12V DC and has a low current consumption it could use the same supply as the KV6113 but I wouldn't advise it. The KV6113 has volt free relay contacts in for the lock (common, normally-open, and normally-closed) so no additional relay is required even when using a separate supply for the lock.

Back