01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION LINE CROSSING PROBLEM

Marco Hill

Good Day All,

I am trying to add line crossing onto someone's Hikvision cameras and it gives me the following
error:

Not enough resource for human body analysis engine

Any idea what this means?

I was only able to add line crossing to, two of the cameras locally.

Hi @Marco Hill

Which camera models do you have? What firmware versions are these cameras running?

Good question.

Is there a way I can find out from the NVR (via internet explorer)?

They are analog cameras no IP.

Otherwise I can ask the owner for this data.

Model: DS-7216HUHI-K2

Ok, we primarily work with IP systems so our Hikvision analog knowledge is limited.

With IP cameras directly connected to an NVR, you can usually use the Virtual Host feature to directly access each camera and view the camera model/update firmware.

Not sure whether the Hikvision DVRs support anything similar.

Thanks a lot Dan. Yes, agreed. IP is the way to go. Analog worked for when it was made
but would never buy it now.

The DVRs are restricted and won’t do line crossing on all channels only basic motion detection. You can enable Enhanced VCA in the menu to get line crossing on the other channels but it will restrict the recording resolution to possibly 2 MP even if your cameras are higher.

Thanks a lot Dan. Yes, agreed. IP is the way to go. Analog worked for when it was made
but would never buy it now.
True. But... Hikvision does have a few brilliant analog options now even with colorvu at dirt cheap pricing compared to their IP counterparts, so I think maybe there is a new market where analog still plays a roll especially if you need 16 or more auxiliary cameras around a perimeter, very cheap compared to 16 IP cameras.

Thinking out loud here.

Back