01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1

kmgj

Hello use-IP

I have connected my NVR to the TV, but the menu keep popping up and blocks the view.

Firmware-version: 3.4.6 build 160405
Encodíng-version: 5.0 build 160324
Connected camera: Hikvision 2CD2032-I with firmware 5.4.5 build 170123

Any hints to how I get rid of the menu that keeps popping up, because when I click EXIT it goes away, but after a while it returns.

Last edited:
Hi @kmgj

Has this happened since you first used the NVR? How long would you say it takes for the menu to return?
Are you using the mouse that came provided with the NVR? Have you got another one you could try using?
Updating the firmware may fix it as you're a few versions behind, you can download it here: V3.4.98 - Hikvision EU Portal.

Hi Kyle

- This has happened since I first used the NVR.
- I can't say how long it takes for it to return, but it has come back after max 5min.
- I use the mouse that came with it, but will try with another mouse or maybe with no mouse at all.
- It tells me, that i currently already have the latest firmware?

Is the NVR receiving signals from your TV remote???
I've seen this happen before ;)

Hi @kmgj

the update check feature in the NVR menus has been broken for a long time, I don't know why Hikvision keeps the feature there, the actual latest firmware is v3.4.103

It is likely the firmware that is the issue as I think the menu popping up when the NVR went to sleep was a feature of these older E-series NVRs, but the newer K & I-series NVRs now have it that after 5-10 minutes the screen goes to sleep and the live view fills the whole screen until you right-click to bring the menu back up.

Try updating the firmware and see if that fixes the problem.

- OK, it's not the mouse because I disconnected it from the NVR and the menu still pops up.
- The NVR has been updated but that did not solve the problem.
- It do seem that the NVR are receiving signals from my TV remote.... not every time, but very very often. The Live view can be on with no problems for at least 20min, but when i use the TV remote, the Hikvision menu very often pops up.

Is there a solution to that? ... or is the solution to try a universal TV remote and hope that solve the problem?

Yes, tape is what other people have used when they encountered this problem, it is not always obvious with the 4-channel NVRs were the receiver for the remote signal is so some people have just taken the trial & error approach of sticking bits of tap in different areas on the front of the box and then test the remote, another option might be to open the NVR case and look inside at the rear of that front panel and see if you can see something that looks like a receiver connected to that front panel.

Back