01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P problem

jptferreira

We have been doing fine with 5 Cameras connected directly to the NVR POE ports, however suddenly we needed more cameras and added those 2 IP cameras (hikvision) using manual setup because they had to be added to a POE switch on another building. That switch is connected to the main building network.
The NVR works but after a while it comes up with "No more connections are allowed for the device. Please stop one of more connections and try again.". If we connect directly to the NVR POE port no problems.
NVR has V3.4.98, Build 171121... can't find more updates
Any help for this issue?
Thanks
JP

Hi @jptferreira

The latest firmware for that NVR model is v3.4.106 so we would recommend updating to that version first.

When you are trying to add the cameras are you adding them from the online devices box in the NVR menus or are you manually changing the channel details to match the IP details of the remote cameras?

What camera models do you have? (both the existing 5 and the new 2)

Correct, the cameras were added by changing the channel details to match the ip address of each camera,
The new cameras model is DS-2CD2183G0-I. The older ones are with different models for internal and 2 external. Will have to check the models. Removing the new cameras all works fine. Re-adding the new cameras works for a few minutes.
I'll add the camera's models as soon as the worker gets those.
Regards
JP

Thanks @jptferreira

Looking at the datasheet for your NVR I think I have found the issue, the E-series NVRs like the 7608NI-E2 you have only support up to 6MP (see below), so this is probably why you are seeing issues when connecting the 2183G0 8MP models.

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 14.39.00.png

Didn't even think about it!
Do you think that downgrading the resolution for the cameras will fix the issue?
I'll give it a try as soon as possible.
Thanks for your quick reply!
Regards
JP

Yes, you should be able to run the 8MP cameras on that NVR by setting them to a lower resolution.

Sadly it didn't work. As soon as we add one of the ip cameras even with 1080 of resolution (even downgraded all to 1080 and its bit rate) it just gives the message on the cellphones and even on the pc client. I'm afraid the firmware update would brick the nvr. In case it creates a problem, how easy it to return it to factory firmware? Can you provide a link with help for it? Really appreciate your help on this....

Hi @jptferreira

There isn't really a factory firmware for Hikvision NVRs, you can try downgrading to one of these older firmware versions for your NVR if you do encounter issues, but some firmware is marked un-downgradable and so you may be limited to how far you can go back. (the un-downgradable firmware is not always marked so you may just have to try some different versions and see which version you can actually go down to)

Also, in the video stream settings for the new cameras what CODEC do you have cameras set to when you have reduced the resolution? We would recommend using H.264

I upgraded to the latest firmware release but same issue. The client issues "Reconnecting... No more user can be connected. (Error code: HCNetSDK.dll{5}.)
Again, cameras connected directly to it work fine. Adding one IP camera with resolution set to 1080p... no luck. It starts throwing this error and only shows on the nvr but not on any client. I'm really puzzled about this. Do you think acquiring a 16 port will help with this issue?
Thanks!
JP

Also, in the video stream settings for the new cameras what CODEC do you have cameras set to when you have reduced the resolution? We would recommend using H.264
The codec in use for all is H.264 and now we just noticed that the problem occurs when more than 5 cameras are connected. Till 5 cameras directly connected to the NVR PoE all works good as soon as we add the 6th camera the problems start with cell phones app showing "No more connections are allowed for the device. Please stop one of more connections and try again" Can this happen if users share their login credentials and too many connections from same account? Really puzzled here... never happened to me!

It may potentially be a bandwidth limit issue, the E-series NVR model you have has an incoming bandwidth limit of 80Mbps which means it splits to roughly 10Mbps for each channel. The 8MP cameras use a larger amount of bandwidth and so that may explain why adding those cameras is crashing everything.

Have you been able to confirm the 5 older camera models you have?

I apologize for the delay.. been very busy.
The other cameras are 5MP the DS-2CD2352-I and 4MP DS-2CD2342D-I.
I'll try go as low as 3MP on all to see if it helps.
Thanks
JP

We found the problem. Because many users in the organization want to look at the cameras using the client so to monitor several areas of the 2 buildings.. the nvr gives that message. If we reduce the amount of users connected to the nvr, then no problems.
You gave me several very good pointers that forced us to troubleshot even further. Now we will have to acquire a more powerful nvr.
Thanks!
JP

It may potentially be a bandwidth limit issue, the E-series NVR model you have has an incoming bandwidth limit of 80Mbps which means it splits to roughly 10Mbps for each channel. The 8MP cameras use a larger amount of bandwidth and so that may explain why adding those cameras is crashing everything.

Have you been able to confirm the 5 older camera models you have?
Hey Dan, would enabling the Multicast option assist with the many user issue he explains?

Back