01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P (B) strange audio message

SteMac32

Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago I completed an installation of the above NVR with the 8MP IP POE AcuSense ColorVu Camera's ( DS-2CD2387G2-LU ) , all was well until earlier today when this message popped up ............."operation failed the audio channel is occupied".

I've done a quick search here ( and through the huge pdf manual ) but can't find any posts regarding this even though i suspect there is somewhere, any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi @SteMac32

Which NVR model do you have and what firmware is it currently running?

What firmware versions are your 2387G2 cameras currently running? (if they are plugged into the PoE ports on the NVR you will need to enable Virtual Host to access each camera and confirm the firmware)

Under video/audio settings on the NVR is the 'Video Type' of each camera set to 'Video Stream' or 'Video & Audio'? (Are you using/do you need to use audio on any of the cameras?)

Hi Dan,

NVR is DS-7698NI-I2/8P (B) running Firmware Version V4.61.020, the camera's are running Firmware Version V.5.7.3. 220216. The settings are set to Video and Audio on the camera's i want audio from.

A reboot resolves the issue but after a few hours the message comes back.

Thanks @SteMac32

Can you try updating the NVR firmware to V4.61.025_220905 (find it at the bottom of the product page)

We had reports of several small issues/glitches being fixed with this newest firmware.

We would also recommend updating the cameras to v5.7.10

Back