01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR losing connection?

gooch

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7716NI-K4 with poe cameras attached.
In the past two months when trying to connect NVR through WAN or LAN it struggles to call up login page, when login page does appear it takes considerable time to accept log in details, then after some time it says this is taking too long do you want to continue or close. Can connect to individual cameras without issues over WAN.
During all these issues connection through Hik Connect is still available on my phone to live view but no playback.
With all these issues the NVR is still recording. Only way to restore connection is by power recycle.
System has been working fine for the past number of years.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the IP address for the NVR a fixed IP address on your LAN?
Are you sure that no other device is using that same IP address?
We've seen similar behaviour for a duplicated IP address e.g. two devices at one address.

Hi Phil
Thanks for reply.
Yes the ip address has always been fixed.
Don't have anything with a duplicate ip address.

Hi @gooch

Can you please confirm the firmware version the NVR is currently running?

If you can't log in to the NVR to find this information you can install/open the Hikvision SADP Tool and that should list the current firmware version of the device.

Thanks @gooch

That is the latest firmware for the NVR.

I think @Phil might be onto something with the duplicate/conflicting IP idea.

In SADP or the network settings of the NVR can you please confirm if the NVR has DHCP enabled?

You say above that the "Only way to restore connection is by power recycle.", when you reboot the NVR are you able to only log in once and then you see problems again on further logins or does it return to normal for an extended period of time & multiple logins?

DHCP is disabled. The NVR remains operational for weeks and then has the issues.

Do you ever see an error message?
e.g. No more connections

After logging in it comes up with page taking too long to open, do you want to wait or close page.

Can you share a screenshot of the NVR's network settings please?

Hi Gooch. Did you ever get this issue solved?
I am seeing the exact same behaviour.

I cannot get to my login page of the NVR...unless I reboot the NVR. Then for a few days it is OK...but then goes back to being 'page not found'.

The cameras are still viewable via the Hik-Connect/IVMS-4500 software and also RTSP streams.

But http seems to have gone and there has not been any firmware updates.

The SADP tool finds the NVR no problem and the IP Address looks good. No duplicates or anything.

Very weird behaviour that has only happened in the past month or so and I have had the device for around 5 years.

Hi Gooch. Did you ever get this issue solved?
I am seeing the exact same behaviour.

I cannot get to my login page of the NVR...unless I reboot the NVR. Then for a few days it is OK...but then goes back to being 'page not found'.

The cameras are still viewable via the Hik-Connect/IVMS-4500 software and also RTSP streams.

But http seems to have gone and there has not been any firmware updates.

The SADP tool finds the NVR no problem and the IP Address looks good. No duplicates or anything.

Very weird behaviour that has only happened in the past month or so and I have had the device for around 5 years.
Afraid I never got to the bottom of this problem. As you say no issues for 5 years.
I have also had the NVR for a few years and never had any issues.
My NVR has always had a fixed ip.
NVR used to do this often but seems to have settled down again.
No idea what the problem was or if it will occur again.

I'm having the same problem on my iDS-7208HUHI-M1 / S NVR. Running on latest firmware (V4.71.002 build 230113). Not sure if anyone actually resolved this, but only a reboot makes the device accessible again (local network or external).

Back