01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR missing some cam settings

rick89

I’m using the DS7604NI-K1/4P(B) on latest firmware. I access it solely via the webpage.

I’ve noticed a lot of camera settings aren’t available on the NVR, compared to accessing the camera on its own webpage.

Why is this / is there a way to be able to access these settings on the NVR?

Also, can I update camera firmware
via the NVR? At present i do it by accessing the Cameras webpage directly, but this is a pain.

The two above points negate the benefits of having an NVR for me. But maybe I’m doing something wrong?

As an aside, I’m using basic motion detection, and it seems to do the job and I get few false positives. The smart detection didn’t seem to work well, I could only draw one line etc and it missed events whilst testing it and I got bored or trying to make it work. Anyway the issue....

I’ve set the Pre and post record to 30 seconds. Most of the time you see before the person enters the scene (as expected), other times a recording starts with person half way up the driveway. The motion is the same; ie people come in from the same area and move towards the camera so in theory I should get similar behaviour each time.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi @rick89

The answer to both the first questions is Virtual Host - virtual host allows you to log in to cameras directly connected to the NVRs PoE ports using a browser and from there you can adjust camera-specific settings and update the firmware.

The pre & post record issue was reported by some I-series NVR users, but I haven't seen the problem before on a 7604-K1/4P(B)

Are you running the latest firmware for your NVR - v3.4.100

We would also check that all your cameras are on the latest firmware:

Hikvision Camera Firmware

Hikvision PTZ Firmware

Thanks, wasn’t aware of virtual host.
Yes, latest firmware on both the NVR and cameras. I did read that pre record buffer is a fixed size, so the length of pre record time will be less for higher res and I’m running at highest/4K etc, but would still expect 5-10 seconds of pre record time, in many cases it seems to have no pre record at all.

Thanks, wasn’t aware of virtual host.
Yes, latest firmware on both the NVR and cameras. I did read that pre record buffer is a fixed size, so the length of pre record time will be less for higher res and I’m running at highest/4K etc, but would still expect 5-10 seconds of pre record time, in many cases it seems to have no pre record at all.

Yes, I believe that with a higher number of cameras or higher megapixels you will see limitations to the pre & post record, this was mentioned in another forum post - Pre-Record + Post-Record Settings Not Working

Back