01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR selection for Colourvu cameras?

Rich

Hi I purchased a NVR from useip around 4 years ago. Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

I have since upgraded my system (cameras only) to Hikvision 2cd2347g2 and have 4 cameras up and running on the above NVR

I’d like to add more cameras and wondering which NVR would be best to handle more cameras and even if I wanted to upgrade to 4K colourVu cameras in the future.
I think max of 8 channel would be ok

Many thanks

Hi I purchased a NVR from useip around 4 years ago. Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

I have since upgraded my system (cameras only) to Hikvision 2cd2347g2 and have 4 cameras up and running on the above NVR

I’d like to add more cameras and wondering which NVR would be best to handle more cameras and even if I wanted to upgrade to 4K colourVu cameras in the future.
I think max of 8 channel would be ok

Many thanks
To jump to an 8 channel model you've the DS-7608NXI-K1/8P and the DS-7608NXI-K2/8P. The latter has better performance and space for 2 hard disks. However if you're likely to want to upgrade to 4K cameras the better choice would be the DS-7608NI-M2/8P. The M series has replaced the outgoing I series in the range (which was always the recommended choice when using 4K cameras). The M has the highest incoming bandwidth and superior decoding performance.

Back