01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - poor live playback and live stream

GJUK

Hi all,
I hope you can help me.
I have two Hikvision NVR units with Hikvision cameras - and I've noticed (it has been probably like this since it was setup) that although the feed is there, every 10 seconds or so you lose the picture, get green bars in the screen (large ones) and the image jumps... Then plays as normal.
This can be live stream or playback.
Any quick suggestions please?
I can dig out the firmware and models if this helps.

Thank you,

Jon

Is this on your monitor, via a web interface, or the app?

If on the web interface, are you using I.E. with web components?

If on your monitor, it sounds like a cabling issue per posts I've seen on this website. I'm sure Dan/Phil/Kyle will have way more to add. Good luck.

Hello, it is via a computer, via the IE browser and web intereface.
even downloaded the file has the similar type of break up of image and delay.

Currently experiencing what seems like this issue our NVR also. For us it's happening when viewing anywhere other than a monitor attached directly to the NVR. Doesn't seem to be any obvious network or configuration issue causing it from what I notice but I'm not entirely sure. Can you confirm which firmware version are you running?

Hello, it is via a computer, via the IE browser and web intereface.
even downloaded the file has the similar type of break up of image and delay.

That sounds like a bad cabling issue to me, assuming the cams are functioning properly. Can you take one cam down and hook it up directly to the NVR with a short cable and check it again? It would rule out a cable issue.

Hi, I might be inclined to agree.
Though I have two hubs, both with 4 cameras on them - they all have the same issue.
So cabling, im not sure.

Well, you have to have both hubs cabled to the NVR right? Did you make them or buy them?

When I installed my system I made all of my Cat6 cables. Even though I had a wire shark showing all the twisted pairs being OK, one camera had similar issues as yours. I ran another cable and installed new ends, and all the problems disappeared. That's why I'm asking if you can take one down and test it directly on the back of the NVR.

I can try this for sure - They are straight and the issue is with all cameras. I suspect firmware.

Back