01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ptz moving around rapidly on its own?

1jp

Hi,

I have a hikvision 2de4525iw ae b.

I have noticed randomly it points itself down and than rapidly starts swinging left and right, it does this more so in rain and mist. Is their anyway to turn this function off for whatever it is doing.

When it does it at night it is very noisy and wakes me up and I’m sure our neighbour too as the ptz is attached to house wall outside of a semi detached house.

Last night it kept it doing it so much I ended up unplugging it’s power.

Many thanks,

Jay

Hi @1jp

Can you send a screenshot of the basic information page for the camera in its web browser interface please, showing the full model number, firmware version, etc, please?

How are you powering the camera, via a POE switch or a separate PSU?

Have the random movements only started recently?

Hi,

Ive attached a screenshot of the basic information page.

The PTZ is powered through a POE injector. Ethernet cable from router to POE injector then onto the PTZ.

The movements ive noticed before but it was rarley, but now in rain or mist its becoming a niusance as at times its doing it every 5-10 minutes. Im thinking if its something todo with the camera calibrating itself somehow? I've even tried switching off the tracking and line crossing detection i has on but it still does it.

Thanks Again,

Jay

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 16.06.27.png

Thanks for that, can you also share a photo of the injector's label, please?
It sounds like the type of movements a PTZ runs through when it powers up, so it might be a power supply issue.

Also, definitely try updating to the latest firmware, which is V5.6.18 here.

You mention having the tracking enabled - have you done this in the smart tracking menu (Configuration>PTZ>Smart Tracking), or as a linkage method for line crossing detection?

Hi,

attached is label from poe injector. the smart tracking was enabled from the config-ptz-smart tracking, and not in linkage method. Even still, the camera movement speed was set to 2 to reduce any noticable noise from when it does start tracking something. however when its doing its crazy thing it moves at what seems like max speed.

I will have to try and update the firmware to see if that makes any difference, however i dont see why running a older firmware would cause it todo that if operating normally and there is no function as such for it to be doing this.

Your PoE injector should be fine, so I would try the latest firmware and a hard reset before anything else - let us know if you still see it happening after that.

If it is still happening, could you share a video of these strange movements, please?

So I did the software update. All seemed ok for a while... I guess it didnt rain at night much, but last night it did and there it went again, but this time facing down and doing full roations instead, before it faced down and swung left to right repeatedly.... seems like the software updates only taught it a newer stranger behaviour.

video attached, there are no preset patrols, patterns etc set up, only line crossing was enabled from the start of the driveway along with smart tracking as a linkage method, and smart traking itself enabled

Attachments

Thanks for trying the other firmware and for the video.

Is the PTZ connected to an NVR?

Do the random movements coincide with intrusion detection triggers at all, and have you seen it happen with all tracking disabled?

Finally, does it only seem to happen at night / when it's raining?

yes ptz is connected to a nvr - DS-7608NI-I2 running firmware V4.61.025 build 220905.

i dont think its coinciding with any detection triggers, but i will have to see next time its raining and dark and disable all forms of tracking to see if it does it still.

Yes it only has only ever done it when its dark and raining or drizziling outside.

Back