01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - sharing footage

isaini1

Hello!

Is it just me or does everybody have problems when trying to share Hik-conenct / IVMS 4500 recordings via WhatsApp?

I keep getting an error saying unsupported format.

Assuming a video converter would do the trick, but it's quite time consuming to do it that way every time...

Thanks

Hi there

Which phone are you using to save the footage or what format is it saving in? I know Apple devices save footage in .mov format which sends fine in WhatsApp. I'm afraid there's no way of changing the format Hik-Connect/iVMS-4500 save in, so you'll have to convert.

Have you got the latest version of Hik-Connect installed? See here: Hik-Connect Hikvision's latest Hik-Connect App updates

Hikvision's VSPlayer lets you snip and save videos in any format, but you can only run it from a PC/Mac. You could also use this to convert the original videos you've had trouble sending in the toolbox on the program.

EDIT - You can use Hikvision's Video Format Converter tool as well.

Last edited:
Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply.

I am using an Android, P30 Pro - yes latest version of Hik-Conenct.

It saves it as an MP4.

Maybe it's an Android issue then...

OK, sounds like it's saving it in Hikvision's own MP4 format then, as it does on Windows PCs. It'll be an Android issue.

You can't do much else other than convert the format if saving the footage from your mobile I'm afraid. Alternatively, use VSPlayer on a PC to download and save it in a preferred format.

OK, sounds like it's saving it in Hikvision's own MP4 format then, as it does on Windows PCs. It'll be an Android issue.

You can't do much else other than convert the format if saving the footage from your mobile I'm afraid. Alternatively, use VSPlayer on a PC to download and save it in a preferred format.

Thanks, yes will check VS Player out as well.

Back