01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision TP/MSD Card Errors

Apujara

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help.

I have purchased a Scandisk 64GB micro SD card (following a purchase of a Scandisk 128GB micro SD card) and when inserted into HikVision monitor "Formating Failed" message shown and screen shows TF Card Exception.

Model is DS-KH8340-TCE2

Any way of resolving this?

Try formatting it in a PC first.
Then insert it in your Hikvision device and try again to format it.

I have tried this formatting to device defaults however no luck with this, please see attached all options available

Attachments

• HikVision.jpg
    HikVision.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 681
OK - I've known the PC format to solve similar issues.
I don't think it mattered what settings you used in the PC.

Are you saying that you have tried / are trying two separate card (64GB & 128GB) and neither will work / both report the same?

Hi yes both separate cards I initially purchased the 128GB but know sometimes this does not work but 64GB would so purchased this instead

Perhaps the card slot on your Hikvision device is faulty, it would be best to contact your reseller and seek their advice and/or a replacement.

I see on one of the spec sheets 'Micro SD memory cards up to 32GB support'. Does your manual specifically list 64GB+ card support?
I would try a 16GB or 32GB card just to be sure.

Just had the same issue with a Samsung Evo 32GB (Class 10) card. Format fails. I'm going to try formatting it to ext4 in Linux and also try the card in different camera models to narrow the issue down. I'll keep you posted.

Before anyone wastes time, effort and money, what are you trying to achieve with the memory card? The Hikvision intercom systems even with cards installed do not record video clips for playback, the card merely stores the lowest resolution thumbnails of a photo, which the onboard memory does anyway so rather pointless

Before anyone wastes time, effort and money, what are you trying to achieve with the memory card? The Hikvision intercom systems even with cards installed do not record video clips for playback, the card merely stores the lowest resolution thumbnails of a photo, which the onboard memory does anyway so rather pointless
Oh really???
Ha thanks so much that is really useful information!
So what is the point of the memory card? Just to store more of the low res thumbnails??

Yes, think the unit has flash memory so if it’s powered down long enough it will loose them, anyway people want them to to store video and they don’t. I’ve the villa 6113 which works exactly the same, their intercoms are garbage.

Back