01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision via Demopad on an ipad

MattTtt

Hi,
I have 6 x Hikvision POE turret cameras connected to a DS-7608 NVR.

The main aim of my setup was to be able to view the camera feeds in my remote control screens (ipads) for which I use a piece of software called demopad.

The software usually allows you to view IP camera feeds by inserting a 'webview' box which is essentially a mini browser window within the remote screen.

That requires that there is no username/password requested when browsing to the individual cameras.
Q: can that login screen be removed/switched off so you can use IP address to go straight to the streaming live view. I have virtual host enabled.

Secondly (perhaps more importantly than above), given I'm trying to do this on an iPad, is there a way to have the feed display on iPad without the app?. The remote pages will want to view specific cameras rather than the whole setup.

Ideas on any possible workarounds would be much appreciated. Is it possible to connect the nvr to another piece of software/hardware that would stream more 'normal' video to demopad/iPad browser (each camera on its own IP address still).

Thank you,

Matt

Back