01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision virtual host not working for me.

dale

Hi all
I have a hikvision ds-7608ni I have it on the latest 3.4.6 firmware, (upgraded due to emails not working, working fine now)
the problem I am having is the virtual host does not work for me, when I click on the link in the web browser in the configuration page I just get page cannot be displayed, I have been trying everything for weeks now and do not want to put the system up and not be able to access the cameras.
everything else works perfectly I can view the cameras remotely etc emails work fine.
I should mention the cameras are domars monster vision onvif cameras, they work fine and seem to be compatible.

any help would be greatly appreciated, I can forward ports and try just about anything suggested,
I have learned a lot about networking setting the system up which is a help.

Thanks

It might be that Virtual Host is only compatible with Hikvision cameras, although it's not something I've tested.

I'll have a test on our demo system later and let you know if it's possible.

Worst case scenario, you can still access the cameras by connecting your PC / Laptop directly to the NVRs PoE ports and changing the PCs IP address to be within the range of the NVRs own NIC (192.168.254.x by default). Running SADP afterwards or entering the camera's IP address into a web browser will take you to it.

Hi Dale,

I've just had a test of an ACTi and Axis camera on our demo system added to the NVR via a direct connection to the POE ports using the ONVIF protocol.

Both cameras added successfully and I could view them just fine, but the link provided by Virtual Host to reach the cameras was not successful, and the connection would time out like it did with you.

However, if I added these cameras via the ACTi and Axis protocols (and not ONVIF) from the dropdown protocol selection, I was able to reach them from the link provided by Virtual Host just fine.

The manufacturer of your cameras isn't listed in the dropdown of compatible protocols unfortunately, and based on what I tested today it seems like you wouldn't be able to connect to a directly-connected ONVIF camera via Virtual Host, but hopefully someone else on the forum might be able to prove us wrong.

Thanks for trying I appreciate it.
At the moment I have my router plugged into a lan switch near the Nvr
I have one patch lead plugged into the nvr and another plugged into an unused camera port on the nvr
I can change the ip of the camera through the onvif tool to 192.168.1.x and access camera settings this way through pc
Not perfect but no swapping of plugs laptops etc

Back