01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvison camer going offline at night

kinu93

Hello
I am really frustrated with
I have installed total of 5 Hikvison all ds2cd2155 two are facesing back garden and two front of house and one indoor
All connected to Hikvison NVR 7600K 8 channels POE my problem is the two facing back garden
They keep going of line mainly at night and when it is cold
The cable run is 20m I thought this was issue so I changed it cat 6 I have covered them well in a conduct pipe
I double checked connectors all fine
I have sawpped camera form to back so it is not fault with camera
Tried diffrent port
I though about switching Infrared off but then no point have this camera
Please some one help I tried calling Hikvison but call never gets answers

Sorry, there are a lot of statements there, and I'm not sure what happened when you swapped cameras nor tried different ports.
My first thought would be the cables, have you tested with the cameras next to the NVR using bought/manufactured patch leads?

Thank you for a quick response brilliant

I have tried different port same thing goes Of
Just can not understand why the camera work perfectly well during day
That mean cable and connection are good
I have also upgraded to lates firmware

I would check with short/bought cables.

Often home-made cables nearly work perfectly ;)
Even if you test a home-made network cable, then (using the type of tester that is typical) it will only prove the correct pin-out/wiring core to core.
These cables work hard, lots of data - home-made cables are a very common cause of problems.
Sometimes we come across people using the very cheapest Copper Clad Aluminium (CCA) cables, which inherently causes problems.

It is likely that it goes wrong at night because when the IR LEDs illuminate the camera draws more current via POE, which puts the cables and connections under extra stress.

Just a thought. You mentioned the cold at night, perhaps there is some moisture getting into the connectors? Check the connector seals provided with the cameras. Are they well insulated?

That’s what I a had thought the cable ?
Before I was using cat5
Then I re wired the both camera with cat6
Taking care not to bend it to much
Ok will buy a pre made external cable 25m to see if it resolve

Yes I have made sure I used these connectors
The only think different form othe working camera are 8m 10 m extra length of cable that expose to outdoor
And and this may cause drop in voltage

Should I invest in Poe Repter ?

Hi, there's no need for a POE repeater.
The nominal maximum network leg length with or without POE is 100m, but we have known customers to achieve POE to 140m without problems.

You mentioned buying a 25m external cable, I would recommend (for testing) fetch your cameras to the nVR and test with a short patch lead that you may already own / have purchased in the past.
This will prove/disprove whether cabling is the root cause.

Hi, there's no need for a POE repeater.
The nominal maximum network leg length with or without POE is 100m, but we have known customers to achieve POE to 140m without problems.

You mentioned buying a 25m external cable, I would recommend (for testing) fetch your cameras to the nVR and test with a short patch lead that you may already own / have purchased in the past.
This will prove/disprove whether cabling is the root cause.

Yes it work when I plug using a cheap 5e patch
If I buy new 25m then I would have to cut one end so it fit in pigtail of camera because of water proofing socket on it
Thank you for your continued support

This is a challenge for me to get to bottom of this
I am sure there is power issue at night because it works fine day time

Test in the dark with the cheap patch lead.
If all remains OK, then you at least know that you have to resolve a cabling issue to the final camera positions.
At 25m it is not cable length that is the problem.
It could be poor cable, but is most likely a termination / crimping issue.

Some things strange
The cable I am using is cat6 and good quality
Connection must be good because it work mostly during the days
I believe it is the pigtail of the camera if Once it stops working I opened junction box and wiggled the tail it fired
Could this be the weak point as the pigtail is not strong as main cable
Could the coiling of pigtail cause power issues

The actual connection can be a weakness i.e. where your RJ45 network plug plugs into the pigtail RJ45 socket if you perhaps have that stressed after coiling it in a bracket or junction box.

Also, if it has been outdoors, check the socket copper sprung connector pins for any signs of corrosion / verdigris.

I don't think we have ever had a case of a failed/faulty pigtail.

The camera is new so there is no water corrosion
Can the The thin part of the pigtail cause power issue
Tonight I am going to try extern power supply using passive injector

Did you solve this?

I've got 4 DS-2CD2342 that have been working perfectly for around 3 years and one now has the same issue.

Camera goes offline between 11PM and 3AM and comes back online around 10AM.

Its wired in external cat 5 and using IP65 boxes at camera.

Not done any fault finding yet, just wondering if you had any pointers.

Sounds like it's only going offline when the IR kicks in. If so, I would suspect a power problem.

If it was a power problem would it not reboot continuously throughout the night and leave some trace on the NVR?

IR switches off on other cameras around 5AM and this one comes back online around 5hrs later around 10AM.

I don't know about the rebooting of the NVR, but you're right about the IR on/off times. That does seem odd. But I would still look into it, since the extra power needed by IR is the only thing that really makes sense. Can you monitor power consumption of that camera on the NVR when this happens? There's a section on the direct interface (monitor) that allows it. In fact, it shows power consumption for all cameras so you can compare any differences.

I don't know about the rebooting of the NVR, but you're right about the IR on/off times. That does seem odd. But I would still look into it, since the extra power needed by IR is the only thing that really makes sense. Can you monitor power consumption of that camera on the NVR when this happens? There's a section on the direct interface (monitor) that allows it. In fact, it shows power consumption for all cameras so you can compare any differences.
I'll have a look tonight when it goes off.

Last time I checked the camera was showing as disconnected in NVR so I'm not sure it will show anything to be honest.

Recordings on NVR for that channel are blank throughout so can see it's not intermittent on and off throughout the night.

Strange why it waits until around 10AM to come back on when its light around 6AM.

Only thing I could think of was temperature.

It's around 3 deg C in morning on way to work at 6AM.

Back