01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvsion DS-2CD2355FWD-I Removal?

Ahoy

Hi Use IP

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I which has stopped working. Can no longer find it on the network. So I want to remove it to do some tests to work out if its the cable or the camera.

Having some trouble removing the turret base. The manual says to rotate it anti-clockwise but probably due to it being outside for a few years it won't budge.

Anyone got any magic insight or tricks to remove the camera.

Do you mean the circular / rotating bezel part?
I know that they can be frustrating to get off.
The more you try to grip it firmly, the more it binds.
Sometimes a light-touch is better.
Maybe gently tap around it first.

Yeah the older style ones where the trim ring is in contact with the mounting surface are a pain. Put a pair of marigolds on (rubber gloves) for a better grip, grip it with fingers and thumb on both sides and rotate anti-clockwise. It'll rotate about 15mm with a clunk, then you can pull it outover away from the base.

Got it off. I think the tap around it did the trick.

Another question following now I've got it off.

Its clear water got into the network cable and shorted.

On the camera connection the RJ45 hole has a locking mount, does this camera come with a locking mount that you attach to a network cable to create a waterproof seal?
Ive attached a photo so you know what I mean.
IMG-2392.jpg

This other half of the camera connector, is supplied with every camera.

It's recommended that you overwrap with self-amalgamating tape too, to fully waterproof the connection.

Water ingress to the connector is the commonest cause of camera failure :(

1614962250234.png

Yes. What you should have is a white rubber O ring that sits around the part that you have in your hand. The other half of that connector, goes over the network cable before the RJ45 is crimped on. Once plugged in the two halves of the housing twist together and then there is also a compression gland that is tightened to seal the cable entry into the housing.

Despite all of the above it is still recommended to wrap the entire assembly in self amalgamating tape to fully seal it.

Thanks guys. Going to make a complaint to the people who installed it, clearly didn't do a good job. None of the ethernet cables has the outer sheath of the cable in the strain relief. Seems like my parents got a cowboy CCTV installer.

Back