01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hilook cameras not working without WiFi?

WHU2309

Can anyone help me. My father has a bought an off the shelf Hilook cctv plug and play kit. Didn’t have any issues at all setting it up although he’s just realised he can only view it at home when he’s connected to the WiFi that the nvr is hard wired into. I’m assuming this is some sort of security/setting on either the router or the nvr itself but I have no idea if I’m honest and need pointing in the right direction. Cheers guys

Hi,

You can view your Hilook devices when not on the same WIFI by using an app called, HiLookVision. You can download it from the HikVision app store that I have linked below or directly from Apple's App Store.

Create an account and follow the setup, after which you should then be able to add your system to your account, allowing you to view it from anywhere you have an internet connection.

Although the forum post below is to aid in setting up the Hik-Connect app, it should still be able to help you if you are struggling to get HiLookVision up and working.

Upvote 0
I’ve got the app and that’s how he can view it at home but as soon as he walks out of his WiFi coverage and goes back to 4G he can’t see the cameras? Any ideas

Upvote 0
Do you remember which method you used to set up your system on the HiLookVision app?

Upvote 0
He typed in the SN I believe of the NVR and that automatically bought up the 4 cameras, he couldn’t find the QR code to do it that way. Works perfectly whilst he’s at home, which is why I thought it was more a settings issue rather than hardware

Upvote 0
Can I get you to try unbinding your system using the steps in the Forum below, please;

Then can I get you to attempt to do the first step of the how-to forum post, I'll link that below again for you;

After all this, then go to the HiLookVision app and re-connect your cameras, preferably using the IP-Address if this is an option (if it is not, can you let me know what options you do have, please) and hopefully by doing all this it should then allow you to access the cameras from outside of your WIFI network.

Upvote 0
Back