01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HiLook NVR-208MH-C/8P loses connection to cameras on restart?

pglennie

Hi there,

I'm having issues with my HiLook NVR-208MH-C/8P NVR. I've successfully set it up to connect to one third-party ONVIF camera (model is QVIS V TURVIP-2-FG) which is plugged directly into the NVR.

However, if I restart the NVR it does not connect to the camera on startup. Instead, I get an error in the camera management page on the web interface saying "Offline(Parameter error.)" (see attached screenshot). If I try to view the camera through iVMS-4200 on my mac, I get a slightly different error message:

"Connecting to the device.Error Code iVMS-4200.app[302].(Camera is disabled or not connected .)"

The way to fix the issue seems to be to go into the camera settings and changing the Management Port from 80 to 8000. It will then successfully connect. On connection, the Management Port is changed back to 80 automatically (see screenshot showing settings after this happens and camera is connected). I've tried triggering a new connection attempt by changing other settings here but the same error message appears if I do that so it does seem to be something specific to the Management Port.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I assume the cameras should just automatically reconnect on reboot? I'm not sure what the Management Port actually is, or why it should be 80/8000 so it's hard for me to know where to start in understanding the issue.

Thanks

Attachments

• Error in Web Admin.png
    Error in Web Admin.png
    68 KB · Views: 254
  • Connected Settings.png
    Connected Settings.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 252
One additional point. I haven't yet installed a hard drive in the NVR since I want to be able to return it in new condition if it's not working. I don't think this is relevant – presumably the camera settings are not saved to the hard drive, since all of the rest of them are persisted between restarts – but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

Unfortunately, it is probably just one of those compatibility issues between different brands (despite ONVIF).

Thanks. Helpful to know that could be the root of the problem, even if it doesn't lead to an obvious solution. I'll try a camera from a different brand (I have one lying around) and see if that helps

I tried a different camera and it worked first time. Weirdly, this also seems to have fix the issue with the original camera. Both work fine now, even after restarts. I have no idea why this was but presumably it triggered some sort of reset. I guess the lesson is not to give up!

Back